SCOPE: Responsible for ensuring delivery of quality case management for all age groups, response for overall branch operations and maintenance of community relations.
(These are examples of the types of duties that may be performed. Additional duties may be added.)
1. Ensures that regional center programs are delivered in a timely and appropriate manner within the branch service area for all age groups served.
2. Communicates agency values, policies, procedures to staff, communicates staff needs and issues to agency leadership, and facilitates problem resolution.
3. Assigns, reviews, and approves staff work. Hires, trains, directs, and evaluates unit staff.
4. May supervise a case management unit. Advises staff on resolution of complex service issues.
5. Provides intra and inter-departmental leadership in service planning and provision, participates on company management team, may serve as staff support for Board committees, may be assigned to serve as senior staff in supervisor’s absence.
6. Conducts community outreach and establishes constructive working relationships with outside groups.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• Specialized working knowledge of developmental disabilities, minimum of 5 years
Prior Regional Center (or related agency) experience preferred
• Has experience with fostering and developing relationships internally and external to the agency.
• Ability to perform accurately and timely in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to analyze complex material and provide clear oral and/or written communication to staff and senior management
• Ability to develop and foster teamwork
• Ability to provide staff development and leadership
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse groups
• Possesses strong negotiation and conflict management skills
Education & Experience:
• A Masters and Bachelor’s Degrees in a Social Services, or related field, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience within the Developmentally Disabled population. Will consider a Master’s Degree in Business or Public Administration
• Proven record of excellent organizational, communication and time management abilities
• Experience in providing supervision for multiple locations preferred
• Intermediate computer skills, database experience preferred
• A valid CDL and transportation, or acceptable substitute, required for this position.
NLACRC is an equal opportunity employer. Further, NLACRC will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.