Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas has a rich, 120 year+ history. Everyone knows Goodwill for our thrift stores, but few know what Goodwill is really all about. The sale of unwanted items provides funds that stay local, helping us to support thousands of job seekers with barriers to employment. We believe in the Power of Work and are committed to helping people earn and keep jobs in the community. That's why 90¢ of every dollar Goodwill spends goes directly into our mission, not into shareholders' pockets.
Please visit www.mokangoodwill.org to learn more.
Our agency is evolving. We're looking for new leaders and team members who want more than just a job. With a $30 million operating budget and a lot of room to grow, now is the time to join the next generation of Goodwill.
Visit www.mokangoodwill.org to learn more about our agency.
Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions. Individuals needing accommodations to complete an application may contact Human Resources at 816.842.7425 x264.
Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for assisting Finance Department in the timely payment of invoices.
- Follow the generally accepted accounting principles in performance of all duties
- Code all accounts payable invoices and ensure that all required supporting documentation is attached
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Director of Accounting
- Participate in Agency Committees and/or community organizations as requested
- Maintain security and confidentiality of all records
- Retain file supportive records in an organized and orderly manner
- Monitor monthly vendor statements to ensure timely payment of all invoices
- Assume shared responsibility for the safety of the facility
- Achieve general knowledge of all non-exempt finance department position duties, requirements and responsibilities
- All other duties as assigned by the Director of Accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Windows environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills, to service both internal and external customers
- Ability to multi-task without loss of efficiency or composure
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to learn software quickly and accurately
- Proven efficient organizational and time management techniques
- Must exhibit the ability to handle crisis situations quickly and effectively
- Exhibit a high degree of sensitivity towards all persons with or without disabilities/disadvantages
- General knowledge of accounting and proficient mathematical skills
- High school diploma required (some college preferred)