Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas has a rich, 120 year+ history. Everyone knows Goodwill for our thrift stores, but few know what Goodwill is really all about. The sale of donated items provides funds that stays local, supporting thousands of job-seekers with barriers to employment. We believe in the Power of Work and are committed to helping people earn and keep jobs in this community. That's why 90¢ of every dollar Goodwill spends goes directly into our mission, not into shareholders' pockets.
Our agency is evolving. We're looking for new leaders and team members who want more than just a job. With a $30 million operating budget and a lot of room to grow, now is the time to join the next generation of Goodwill.
Visit www.mokangoodwill.org to learn more about our agency.
Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veterans status, disability or genetic information, and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions. Individuals needing accommodations to complete an application may contact Human Resources at 816.842.7425 x239.
The Director of Training and Transitional Employment Programs is responsible for ensuring compliance in the Ability One program, developing the retail support team program into a transition program with a clear path to competitive employment, and developing future skills training programs that lead to competitive employment.
- Oversee Ability One Programs to include budget development and monitoring, ensuring 75% staffing ratio is met, oversight for reporting requirements to Source America, General Services Administration, Department of Defense All other duties assigned by the Vice President of Mission Operations
- Oversee Retail Support Teams
- Ensuring compliance with WIOA/CARF
- Ensuring smooth transition from 14C
- Develop different model for a better fit for clients and being part of their retail team
- Develop clear path for transitioning to competitive employment
- Oversee Case Managers for Ability One and Retail Support Team
- Develop and implement new skills training programs as identified in the CNA and requested by employers
Qualifications include the following:
- Bachelor's degree in social services or similar field; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years in service oriented environment with at least two of those in leadership positions of increasing responsibility.
- Demonstrable experience in contract management.
- Proven record of developing and implementing strategic plans to grow services while improving quality of outcomes.
- Proven record of leading significant change in programs.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.