The Borgen Project is an innovative, national campaign that is working to make poverty a focus of U.S. foreign policy. This is a 12-week, part-time, unpaid internship. The selected candidate will be able to work from home and set their own schedule, but must meet weekly deadlines. Articles submitted will appear on BORGEN Magazine or The Borgen Project Blog.
– Interview sources and research topics in-depth.
– Write one well-researched article per week.
– Communicate with editors and supervisors.
– Assist with fundraising. Create a personal fundraising campaign and meet targets.
– Attend training and orientation the first and third Monday of the internship, at 4pm PST.
-Strong journalism writing skills.
-Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines with very little supervision.
-Experience writing for newspapers is helpful, but not required.