Jameson Camp Program Manager
Purpose: The Program Manager will head our camper recruitment and registration programs, leading the team in our interactions and relationships with camp families. The position will also hold leadership roles in both Jameson’s Summer Camp and Outdoors programs.
Responsible to: Program Operations Director
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as social work, recreation, education.
• Three years’ experience working with youth/families, ideally including youth/families experiencing social and/or emotional challenges (e.g. Autism, ADHD, poverty, etc.).
• Must have a strong interest in working with youth ages 5 – 18.
• Be capable of working flexible hours, weekends included; be willing to take on an increased time commitment in the Summer months (May – August); and have dependable transportation.
• Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills and enjoy working with a variety of populations including children, teens, parents, and community partners.
• Individual must be welcoming, friendly, & open-minded. Able to grow & foster positive community relations with camper families, community partners, and camp staff/volunteers.
• Must be scrupulously organized, dependable, keep accurate records, and possess self-initiative.
• Individual should be able to work independently and take ownership of a breadth of responsibility while remaining organized and prioritizing tasks.
• Interest and passion for community-building and bringing people together.
• Prior experience supervising others.
• Prior background in camp programming, outdoor education, and/or challenge course/team-building programming.
• Applications for both, those willing to serve residentially in the Summer months, and those interested in non-residential capacity, will be considered. Summer residential service preferred.
• Manage & lead Jameson’s Summer Camp recruitment & registration programs.
• Efficiently handle camper records, database management, and family contacts.
• Recruit and supervise a seasonal Families & Communications Specialist, interns, and volunteers, in various roles with our recruitment & registration programs.
• Seek and develop strategic partnerships that advance our programming.
• Manage & lead first point of contact with camp’s Outdoors Programs to include agreements & billing.
• Provide leadership in Outdoors Programs management, especially in the August – November months.
• Support leadership of Summer Camp programming in a specific role: e.g. Youth Leadership, Aquatics, Food Service, Health Services, and/or co-Staff Training Supervisor.
• Assist with grant and funder reporting.
• Assist in camp’s weekend coverage responsibilities.
• Support the leadership team’s work in certification committee processes.
• Support the leadership team’s work with our year-round Youth Leadership program.
Jameson offers a competitive salary and benefits package, to be partially based on experience. Deadline for application: February 20, 2019
Submit resumes with cover letter to email@example.com or to Director of Camp Operations, Jameson Camp, 2001 Bridgeport Rd., Indianapolis, IN 46231
Equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network