Theatre Under The Stars is a Houston based non-profit institution dedicated to enriching life through the experience of quality musical theatre and positively impacting lives beyond the stage through innovative education initiatives. Join us as we move into our 50th Anniversary year!
The Company Manager will provide support for artistic staff on all TUTS produced shows including HSMT (Humphrey’s School of Musical Theatre) productions and act as liaison for the company management of touring productions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Accommodations, Travel and Transportation Coordinator
• Book travel for out of town artists
• Arrange local transportation for company members & guest artists
• Facilitate theater parking, building access for all artists
• Request and provide wireless internet access for creative team and stage management while in the theater.
• Coordinate & arrange housing for out-of-town artists
• Negotiate contracts for artists as assigned
• Draft and ensure execution of all personnel contracts for artists per specifications of TUTS Management
• Prepare contract sheet pre-production
• Meet and greet guest artists, provide facilities tour (as appropriate).
• Complete company specific hospitality requests, as appropriate
• Oversee physical health of company, assisting in accident reporting, medical care and transportation.
• Coordinate Company cast parties, cast gifts, Meet & Greets, and Company Picnics
Payroll & Administrative Duties
• Distribute and collect necessary payroll paperwork
• Assist with payroll preparation and distribution
• Process personnel specific accounts payable
• Process and distribute design fees, reimbursements etc.
Minimum of two years of company management experience. Experience in theater and arts are required.
- Experience in Raisers Edge and/or Tessitura a plus.
- Availability to work days, evenings and weekends as required. This is an “on-call” position.
- Strong commitment to exemplary customer service and exceptional written communication skills are mandatory.
- Knowledge of basic non-profit development principles and practices.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems with creativity and efficiency.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to listen effectively to assist staff and volunteers in identifying and resolving challenges.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to ensure work is completed in a timely and productive manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain a sound perspective, essential for maintaining healthy relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of people in various settings.
- A positive attitude and an earnest interest in providing good customer service to corporate donors.
- Excellent skills in Word, Excel, Outlook and Email.
- Exemplary attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Ability and commitment to working with diverse groups in terms of gender expression, race, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class and immigrant status.