The Family Support Specialist is primarily responsible for assessing the needs of foster families and providing education, advocacy and therapeutic support to ensure their success and retention. The Family Support Specialist will also assist in the pre-screening of potential foster families and work closely with approved families to complete the certification/licensure process.
Family Support Services
Director of Family Support Services
Anticipated Time Commitment
2. Maintain relationships between current active foster families and FosterAll:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship-building skills to effectively work with a variety of people and personalities; ability to communicate clearly in person and in writing
· Ability to interview individuals and assess their capacity to serve as foster/adoptive parents
· Ability to present, inform and motivate individuals and groups about FosterAll’s mission and vision
· Ability to lead multiple long and short term projects simultaneously
· Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate and manage own work
· Thorough, organized and detail-oriented approach to work
· Ability to work unsupervised and make decisions and solve problems independently, effectively and creatively
· Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work involves occasionally lifting materials and product up to 20 pounds. Travel is required. Mileage reimbursement is available.
Experience and Education Requirements
BA/BS degree in Social Work, Social Welfare, Psychology, Health & Human Services or other related field; MSW degree or MA/MS degree with an emphasis on marriage and family therapy preferred
Minimum four years experience in social service related fields
Experience with non-profit organizations
Range of compensation is $20.00 – $24.00/hr. plus benefits, depending on qualifications and experience.
Mail, E-mail or Fax resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Lydia Smith
Director of Operations
1544 West Glenoaks Blvd.
Glendale, CA 91201
(818) 649-8001 (fax)
No phone calls please.