The National Union of Healthcare Workers (NUHW) is searching for a talented,
hard-working individual committed to building a powerful and democratic union. The successful candidate for this position will have union experience, preferably in healthcare, organizing non-union workers. S/he will be values-driven, self-motivated and resourceful.
NUHW is an independent, member-led union, dedicated to improving the lives of healthcare workers and the people we care for. We are building a national movement of caregivers to hold healthcare corporations accountable to the public interest and to win affordable, quality healthcare for all.
- Ability to motivate and lead workers in struggle
- Fluency in Spanish and English required
- Effective communication skills – listening, oral and written
- Capacity to establish and cultivate relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of labor law in areas such as NLRA, FLSA, Title 22, Cal OSHA, etc.
- Formal and informal negotiating skills
- Proficiency in computer applications including email, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and use of the Internet
- Willingness to work long hours, including evenings and weekends
Must have a car, driver’s license and insurance; cell phone with email capability.
For more information about NUHW, go to our website at www.NUHW.org.
Compensation: Salary $53,000-92,000 plus $6,000 auto allowance, employer paid medical, dental and vision benefits for employee and family; life insurance for employee; holidays, sick leave, vacation; 401(k) with 14% employer contribution.
How to Apply
Email your resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to: email@example.com.
Put your beliefs and skills into action. Apply today and be part of making history!
NUHW is committed to staff diversity. We welcome qualified
people of all backgrounds to apply.