Under the supervision of the Director of Youth & Adolescent Community-Based Programs of the Central Queens Y, and within Samuel Field Y framework of a holistic (social, emotional, physical, and cognitive) Human Development Model of a family-supported, strength-focused, and hope-engendering practice, an individual hired as a Part-Time Administrative Assistant will report to the SYEP/WLG Program Manager within the Youth & Adolescent Community-Based Programs Department at John Bowne High School.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Part-Time Administrative Assistant will be required to perform the following duties:
- Provide administrative support including organizing and maintaining documentation and digital files/records (including those of a confidential nature); preparing materials for conferences/meetings; drafting routine correspondence.
- Communicate with student applicants and participants by telephone and email.
- Assist with data collection and tracking of program outcomes to support reporting.
- Proofread/copy-edit correspondence and program flyers prior to distribution.
- Be organized and complete basic data entry and other clerical tasks as requested.
- Manage workflow by ensuring deadlines are met and work completed correctly.
- Generate memos, emails and reports when appropriate.
- Assume responsibility for maintenance of office equipment, including computers, copy machines and etc.
- Respond to questions and requests for information.
- Answer incoming calls and assume other receptionist duties when needed.
- Preferably 1-2 year’s experience in office setting.
- Computer literate, including experience with all Microsoft Office software packages; Google Drive (Gmail, Calendar, Contacts, Docs, etc.); and efficient use of the Internet.
- Good phone etiquette.
- Detailed orientated and comfortable working in a fast paced work environment.
- Develop and maintain filing system.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Maintain and update office policy and procedures.
- Generate and submit purchase orders.
- Provide general support to office staff and visitors.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
- Strong interest in working with high school and college students.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be relationship-oriented.
Start Date: March 2017
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
How to apply: Email cover letter and résumé as a PDF or Word document only, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate "Part-Time Admin Assistant" in subject of email. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.