Red Feather Development Group
Salary Range: $55,000-$65,000 per year depending on experience
Location: Flagstaff, Arizona
Terms: Salaried at 40/hrs per week
Send cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to: Red Feather Development Group, 2501 N 4th St, Suite 17, Flagstaff, AZ, 86004
The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of Red Feather Development Group, which has a staff of 5 employees including this position. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is charged with the care and cultivation of Red Feather’s staff and assets while carrying out its mission. The Executive Director leads a collaborative effort with Red Feather staff members, tribal partners and other stakeholders to develop and implement sustainable solutions to the housing needs of Hopi and Navajo families. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, working as a team with Red Feather staff to develop and implement both the program strategy and the fund development strategy, as well as developing and adhering to an annual budget. Responsibilities could also include managing construction projects, managing groups of volunteers, and teaching workshops. Success will depend upon building and maintaining healthy relationships with the people we serve, our staff and board of directors, donors, volunteers and a variety of different partners that include tribal agencies and organizations, as well as corporate, academic and federal funders. Given the diversity of cultures that the Executive Director will be working with, applicants are encouraged to provide examples of their experience working with other cultures.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for overall leadership of staff in the development and implementation of short- and long-range plans and policies and other organizational activities.
2. Provide leadership in developing program, funding and financial plans with the staff, and carrying out the mission and policies authorized by the board.
3. Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in appropriate areas of the organization's work.
4. Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in healthy housing.
In communications, the Executive Director will:
1. See that the board is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and any important factors influencing it.
2. Cultivate new and active funders by keeping them informed of our work and publicly promoting how their support has enabled our impact.
3. Strategically publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and impact in a manner that engages the public in the organization’s endeavors.
4. Collaborate with staff to establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with Red Feather’s community partners, tribal and federal agencies and other compatible organizations, with an aim toward broadening our impact.
5. Represent the organization and its programs to funders, partners, media representatives and the general public.
In relation with staff, the Executive Director will:
1. Be responsible for the recruitment, employment, and when necessary, termination of all personnel, including paid staff, contractors and volunteers.
2. Ensure that job descriptions are developed, performance evaluations are held, and sound human resource practices are in place.
3. Ensure that employees treat each other and everyone we encounter with respect and dignity.
4. Encourage staff development and education, and assist staff in recognizing their strengths and weaknesses, and how those impact the organization and the people we work with.
5. Cultivate an environment that attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff that works well together and with others.
In budget and finance, the Executive Director will:
1. Lead staff to maintain an accounting system and official records that enable and ensure compliance with federal and state laws and contractual reporting obligations.
2. Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial controls that safeguard the assets of the organization and protect those we serve.
3. Work directly with the Accounting and Administrative Manager to prepare an organizational budget; and ensure that budget guidelines are adhered to, debts are paid on time and cash flow is managed.
4. Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work by proactively managing both the fund development strategy and how time is spent and paid for.
Red Feather Development Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, creed, tribal affiliation, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, or status as a veteran, disabled veteran or Vietnam era veteran in accordance with applicable federal and state statutes and regulations.