Temporary Receptionist (full-time)
Applications due by April 2, 2018
Dates of Position: May 7, 2018, or earlier – September 14, 2018
Office Location: East Palo Alto
Community Legal Services in East Palo Alto (CLSEPA) seeks a temporary full-time receptionist position to provide administrative support to our main office. Our mission is to provide transformative legal services that enable diverse communities in East Palo Alto and beyond to achieve a secure and thriving future. We serve low-income and working-class populations, predominantly communities of color in the areas of immigration, housing, employment, consumer, and reentry law
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Perform intake functions, including answering phones, retrieving voice mail messages, screening visitors, performing intake and screening of clients, scheduling appointments and providing referrals.
2. Oversee handling of mail/correspondence, including opening and date-stamping mail, distributing mail/faxes, and placing postage on outgoing mail.
3. Assist with other office duties, as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required
1. Fluent in Spanish
2. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively across all levels within the organizations
3. Commitment to serving low-income populations and communities of color
4. Ability to relate to and communicate with clients and colleagues of diverse backgrounds
5. Values working cooperatively with others, both within the organization and in the community
6. Displays enthusiasm and a willingness to accept responsibility and fulfill job requirements
7. Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, etc.
SALARY: Salary range between $36,000-$40,000 (prorated), depending on experience.
APPLICATION: Please send a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Human Resources, Community Legal Services in East Palo Alto, 1861 Bay Road, East Palo Alto, CA 94303. No calls, please.
In your cover letter, please address the following in order for your application to be considered. CLSEPA’s clientele is extremely diverse, and the majority of our clients are low-income persons of color. It is critical that our staff work effectively in all cross-cultural situations, with clients, with our coworkers, and with the community, and that we create an inclusive and respectful workplace in which differences are acknowledged and valued. How do you think your personal background or experiences, professional or otherwise, have prepared you to contribute to our commitment to cultural humility and diversity amongst our staff? Feel free to think broadly about your response to this question, applying various aspects of your life and personal experiences
CLSEPA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees/applicants in all of our employment practices without regard to race, religion, color, sex or gender (including gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, pregnancy- and childbirth-related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, uniform-service member/veteran status, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, taking/requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law.