to improve working conditions. Our goals are to build leadership among low-wage women and to win improvements in workplace and public policies. Current Colorado campaigns focus on family and medical leave insurance, affordable housing and transit. For more information about 9to5, see our website at www.9to5.org.
The Colorado State Director will direct all operational and programmatic aspects of the chapter’s work, supervising staff, overseeing fundraising efforts and coordinating the work of local campaigns and involvement of chapter members in national campaigns.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Organization and Staff Development: Direct and participate in planning, assessment and other staff meetings and trainings. Run an office, including formulating and administering a budget. Work with member leaders and staff to plan for and evaluate organizational growth, recruitment and campaign strategies. Coordinate, supervise and evaluate staff, interns, volunteers. Participate in national planning and assessment as directed.
2. Fundraising/Financial Management: Oversee the development and implementation of annual chapter fundraising plan; direct and supervise staff in fundraising activities. Work with development staff to: raise chapter budget; research fundraising opportunities, write grants and reports; leverage, negotiate with and bring in new sources of funding. Responsible for funder and donor cultivation and relationship-building. Develop proposals for funding and organize grassroots fundraising events.
3. Member Recruitment/Development: Recruit members to 9to5, as well as oversee chapter membership recruitment. Identify and train members to become leaders and facilitate leadership development to help build the chapter and represent 9to5 in coalition work. Work with, recruit and train local Board of low-income working women members of 9to5.
4. Campaign Direction & Supervision: Design and manage large organizing campaigns: Work with members and organizing staff to develop local/state issue programs and strategies to win improved workplace and public policies. Oversee, develop and conduct programs related to organizing and campaign administration. Direct and supervise all staff, interns and volunteers working on the above. Work on national organizing and program teams as directed. Represent 9to5 in the community: Be the chief spokesperson and representative of 9to5 Colorado in the community, coalitions, the state legislature and the media. Represent 9to5 in national coalitions as directed. Develop, build and lead both city and statewide coalitions. Communications: Work with communications and management staff to develop local training materials and curricula, issue oriented reports, public relations, PSAs and press releases.
5. Other related duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years organizing experience with a community, labor or women’s organization.
- Organization leadership experience, including strategic planning.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and anti-oppression.
- Ability to motivate others, share vision and energy.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, manage and develop staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead and collaborate in coalitions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated grantwriting, budgeting and reporting skills and experience.
- Experience with grassroots fundraising/events/donor solicitation/earned income projects.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with local and national teams.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, ability to organize and prioritize work, budget time and account for work results.
- Creative, flexible, with new ideas, open to new ways of doing things.
- Thorough knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office and online database programs.
- Experience with social media and on-line organizing methods.
Send letter of interest, resume and contact information for 3 references to:
Jobs@9to5.org. Put CO State Director in the subject line. No calls please.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network