Site Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining a friendly and active SeniorCenter environment for YWCA Senior Services Congregate program clients. Site manager is also responsible for working cooperatively with the sponsor of the SeniorCenter or host site to ensure a positive working relationship between the sponsor, the Senior Services Program clients, and the YWCA Senior Services Program.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Learns to perform and become experienced in any or all of the following:
1. Achieves the operating standard(s) outlined in the (SOP) “Foodservice Standard Operating Procedures” issued by the Los Angeles County Area Agency on Aging (AAA) for the Senior Nutrition Congregate/Home Delivered Meal Program in order to operate with complete assurance that senior participants, volunteers and employees will receive the optimum nourishment and will avoid being made ill from the meals or be injured by a foreign object in the food. In order to achieve these standards, the employee is expected to be guided by all appropriate food codes, laws, regulations, health department protocols, ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification and the Hazard Analysis Critical Control-based Foodservice Standard Operating Procedures Manual.
2. Encourages maximum participation from clients in planning the SeniorCenter meal and activity routines.
3. Assists the Sponsor site Program Coordinator in planning and managing SeniorCenter meal and activity programs designed to substantially increase ethnic minority and/or low income participation; assists the Program Coordinator with the daily monitoring of all meal site activities and services with regard to ethnic menu development, meal acceptance and participation; provides feedback to kitchen staff.
4. Verifies quantities and checks condition of food on delivery; records food temperatures in the presence of the caterer’s driver at time of arrival, and records temperatures again at service; monitors food handling and portion control; supervises and provides in-service training to subordinate staff and volunteers; maintains the cleanliness of the kitchen according to all local and program health regulations and program requirements; ensures compliance with the Site Staff and Volunteer Work Schedule, the Site Cleaning Schedule and all HACCP and Los Angeles County Area Agency on Aging program procedures, and keeps same posted and/or clearly visible for easy reference by staff and volunteers.
5. Completes and maintains all daily meal count records, weekly food service reports, temperature logs, site equipment and supply inventory, supply order sheets, meal orders, the site reservation and County MIS system, and other records and systems ensuring accuracy and completeness; orders meals, supplies and equipment; counts, records and makes bank deposits of cash donations daily.
6. Develops and/or schedules regular recreational, educational, and information site programs. Provides clients with up-to-date information about community services and resources and makes appropriate and timely referrals.
7. Communicates and works with the Consultant Dietitian to ensure open lines of communication and seeks advice and guidance on all food service-related issues and procedures.
8. Facilitates a team approach in working with the Operations Manager, Administrative Coordinator/Supervisor, Nutrition Services Coordinator and other Senior Services staff in order to ensure consistent and well-organized management of the YWCA Senior Services Program food service systems.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience ordinarily considered essential to the satisfactory performance of the job. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
To perform effectively in this position, the incumbent is required to have:
The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely, without endangering the health or safety of him/herself or others.