Title: Fleet Mechanic
Location: Coos Bay, Oregon
Agency: Oregon Coast Community Action
Pay Rate: Hourly, $18.00-$21.00 DOE
Reports to: Fleet and Facilities Coordinator
Staff Supervised: N/A
Date Posted: 2/1/2018
Posting Expires: Open until filled
HR Contact: 541-435-7090 firstname.lastname@example.org
Revised: January 2018
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
To perform a variety of full maintenance, including mechanical, and repairs on all ORCCA fleet vehicles (School busses, vans, cars, trucks and refrigerated trucks) in Coos, Curry, and Western Douglas counties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Reason position exists is to perform these functions.)
1. Be on-call when repairs of vehicles are needed
2. Troubleshoot, diagnose and perform maintenance and repairs on ORCCA vehicle fleet at state standards
a. Minor repairs: lights, wipers, doors, mirrors, wiring, exhaust system, etc.
b. Major repairs: tune ups, brakes, alternators, steering, body mounts, differential systems, etc.
c. Test drive school buses, vans, cars, trucks RV, and refrigerated trucks.
3. Work with Fleet and Facilities Coordinator to purchase parts and supplies
4. Dispose of hazard materials at approved locations
5. Report any mechanical or maintenance concerns immediately to the Fleet and Facilities Coordinator
6. Use driver defect form for all repairs and defects.
7. Schedule regular vehicle maintenance with Fleet and Facilities Coordinator.
8. Carry out established procedures for flat tires, mechanical trouble, and emergencies.
INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM EXPECTATIONS
1. Attend staff meetings, center meetings, and/or other workshops/meetings as notified
2. Maintain a positive attitude regarding ORCCA and all its programs along with the Head Start program and philosophy
3. Model behaviors that demonstrate an understanding, acceptance and welcoming of diversity
4. Maintain respect and positive communication regarding all children, families and staff.
5. Maintain confidentiality of client and staff information.
6. Maintain open, two-way communication with staff
7. Accept suggestions and guidance from supervisor and other management staff
8. Seek feedback on job performance and evaluate suggestions and guidance to incorporate in performance
9. Commit to further training. Develop an individual training plan using program tools, as appropriate.
10. Communicate with supervisor regarding any needed changes or concerns with work schedule.
11. Adhere to agency procedures as a mandated child abuse reporter
12. Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
13. Ability to perform the job with or without reasonable accommodations
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Two years of related work experience.
3. Class B or C CDL with S and P endorsements.
4. ODE State certification (for school bus annual inspections)
5. Strong organizational and communication skills.
1. Maintain driving certification as required by South Coast Head Start and Oregon Department of Education.
2. Driving record must meet Oregon Department of Education requirements
3. Must be enrolled in the Oregon Department of Education-Child Care Division Central Background Registry at time of hire and update it as required.
4. Valid medical examiner’s certificate is required.
1. Geographic Area: Coos, Curry, and Coastal Douglas Counties, Primary worksite: varies
2. May lift items up to 51 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations.
3. Regular sitting, kneeling, bending, and stooping are required.
4. Ability to enter and exit the bus.
5. Ability to drive long distances.
6. Ability to work evening and/or weekend hours.
1. A current Oregon Driver’s License is required.
2. Proof of automobile liability insurance @ $100,000/300,000 liability limits and maintain such limits.
3. Reliable transportation for getting to work.
4. Must be free from illegal drugs, may be subject to suspicion testing.
The specific statements reflected in each section of this position description are not intended to be all-inclusive, but rather the basic elements and criteria considered being necessary in order to satisfactorily perform the duties associated with the position.
Oregon Coast Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer.