The person in this position is responsible for the Family Engagement portion of the Head Start Standards at the school level including (but not limited to) parent partnerships, community partnerships, and the creation and follow-up of family goals. The Family Worker will be responsible for the coordination of parent involvement meetings and trainings as well as working closely with the staff of the Family Hub to bring parents/guardians into our schools and increase their involvement. Additionally, the Family Worker will be responsible for meeting the needs of all diverse learners. This includes paperwork, monitoring of IEPs and IFSPs, data entry, scheduling and facilitating family review meetings. The family worker will also be responsible for providing direct and indirect supportive services in the area of medical health, dental health, social services. The family worker will also assist the Recruitment Coordinator with the recruitment of students into our schools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(These include but are not limited to the following. The company reserves the right to add to, delete, change or modify the essential duties and responsibilities at any time.)
1. Contributes to the development of the agency’s child development philosophy and goals.
2. Establishes relationships and trust with all families in the school.
3. Assist the Recruitment Coordinator with the recruitment of children and families (including 10% of children identified as diverse learners).
4. Oversees and implements referrals of families to agencies in order to complete all necessary health screening and follow-ups.
5. Works with families in completing “Family Assessments” and in setting realistic goals. Monitors these goals on an on-going basis through personal contact (no less than three times per year).
6. Oversees the efforts for serving families of children considered diverse learners – including, but not limited to, referrals, observations, required documentation, and interdisciplinary team meetings.
7. Oversees the implementation of the IEPs, IFSPs, or intervention plans for diverse learners.
8. Complete and submit all diverse learner and 30/45 tracking.
9. Provides necessary referrals and resources to families based on individual needs.
10. Assist School Compliance Specialist at school start up with intake and registration as needed.
11. Provides support to families in need or crisis using any available resources.
12. Assist in planning, participation, assessment of all family engagement and Family Hub activities.
13. Participate in and track all student transitions.
14. Enter all case notes into computer data-base weekly.
15. Maintain Community Resource Directory.
16. Maintain and develop community agreements.
17. Participate in home visits (as needed).
18. Participate in parent/teacher conferences.
19. Follow up (as needed) with PIR monitoring.
20. Other duties as assigned.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. )
1. Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
2. Must be able to work with a diverse clientele.
3. Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
4. Must be able to share ideas and information effectively.
5. Must have the ability to work under stress in a fast paced environment.
6. Must be able to work cooperatively with all staff members, consultants, and regulatory/funding representatives.
7. Must be able to serve as an advocate for children and families.
8. Ability to communicate in English in writing, in person, or over the telephone.
9. Ability to communicate in Spanish is a plus.
10. Ability to use word processing software.
11. Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends.
MA/MSW in related field (preferred)
BS/BA/BSW in related field (preferred)
Associate Degree in Social Work or related field (preferred)
60 college credit hours in Social work or related field
(The unavoidable, externally imposed conditions under which the work must be performed and which create hardship for the incumbent including the frequency and duration of occurrence of physical demands, environmental conditions, demands on one’s senses and metal demands.)
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network