The lead teacher is responsible for developing a classroom atmosphere where children can grow and develop in a safe and positive learning space. Candidates must have a passion for creating a safe and nurturing environment for children to receive a quality education, and the ability to lead the classroom team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Leads classroom teams in creating an atmosphere in which children can grow and develop; develops a classroom environment that is welcoming and emphasizes the importance of the child; includes furnishings and supplies which are attractive, durable and developmentally appropriate
• Introduces, implements and evaluates developmentally appropriate activities for young children including the following activities: Self Image, Language/Literacy Development, Music and Movement, Social Studies, Science, Math, Art, Large/Small Motor Activities, and In-Depth Projects
• Supervises and interacts with all children’s activities
• Trains staff and prepares performance evaluations with the assistance of the Site Director
• Researches, implements, and evaluates curriculum methods and classroom management strategies
• Responsible for preparing classroom materials in advance of children’s arrival and maintaining a clean classroom environment
• Develops strong partnerships with the families
• Attends home visits and conducts parent-teacher conference assessment reviews
• Participates in Family Reviews and IFSP/IEP meetings
• Leads the implementation of the Reggio Emilia Philosophy, focusing on in-depth studies and classroom explorations
• Responsible for maintaining reports on children’s growth and development for all students in the classroom
• Conducts weekly team meeting
• Attends and participates in parent meetings and in-service training
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to read and write English proficiently. Candidates must regularly operate a word-processing system and therefore must be able to read, produce and transmit data on such a system.
Candidates must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and are frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network