Member of the Board of Directors
Reporting to the chief executive officer (CEO) and the Chairman of the Board, the Member(s) will be a part of an elected group of individuals that represent Divine Touch Nonprofit as it transitions from a newly formed 501(c)(3) organization into a sustainable national entity. Specific responsibilities include:
• Regularly attends board meetings and important related meetings
• Makes serious commitment to participate actively in committee work
• Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time
• Stays informed about committee matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports
• Gets to know other committee members and builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus
• Is an active participant in the committee's annual evaluation and planning efforts
• Participates in fundraising for the organization
Divine Touch’s Board Member(s) will serve a two-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term. Board meetings will be held quarterly, and committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about the success of Divine Touch’s beneficiaries and who has a track record of leadership. The selected Board Member(s) will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing board members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
• Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
• An understanding of the effective functioning of a charitable organization issues and needs.
• A commitment to and understanding of Divine Touch’s beneficiaries and mission preferably based on experience
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of Divine Touch’s beneficiaries
Service on Divine Touch’s board of directors is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to board members’ duties.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network