Secretary of the Board of Directors
Reporting to the chief executive officer (CEO) and other board members, the Secretary will provide administrative and clerical support to the Board of Divine Touch Nonprofit as it transitions from a newly formed 501(c)(3) organization into a sustainable national entity. This will be done through the timely and accurate collection and sharing of information directly related to its activities. The Secretary ensures that the Board is well informed and that its activities are well documented for the use of Board members, the Governance Committee and relevant government bodies. Specific responsibilities include:
• Serves on the Executive Committee.
• Keeps copies of the organization’s bylaws and the Board’s policy statements.
• Keeps lists of officers, Board Members, committees and General Membership.
• Notifies Board Members of meetings.
• Keeps record of Board attendance.
• Makes sure that there is a quorum at Board meetings.
• Keeps accurate Minutes of meetings.
• Records all motions and decisions of meetings.
• Signs Board Minutes to attest to their accuracy.
• Records all corrections to Minutes.
• Keeps copies of Minutes of both Board and committee meetings.
• Keeps accurate record of Executive Committee meetings.
• Distributes copies of Board Minutes and actions to Board Members promptly after
• Distribute copies of Executive Committee Minutes and actions to Executive
• Committee Members promptly after meetings.
• Conducts general Board correspondence.
• Keeps records of all Board correspondence.
• Signs official documents of the organization as required.
• Orients the new Secretary as needed.
• Makes sure members are notified of Annual General Meetings.
• In the absence of the Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson, chairs Board meetings until
• the election of an alternate Chairperson.
Divine Touch’s Board Secretary (and board members) will serve a two-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term. Board meetings will be held quarterly, and committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about the success of Divine Touch’s beneficiaries and who has a track record of leadership. The selected Board Secretary will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing board members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
• Minimum of two years’ experience in administration in a paid or volunteer setting.
• Strong organizational skills, time and ability to meet deadlines and produce notes and Minutes in a timely manner for distribution and action by the Board.
• Excellent notetaking, transcription, and computer literacy skills. Demonstrated success as a nonprofit board member or board chair
• An understanding of the effective functioning of a charitable organization issues and needs.
• A commitment to and understanding of Divine Touch’s beneficiaries and mission preferably based on experience
• Sensitivity to group dynamics and familiarity with structure and process of board and/or committee meetings. Decisive, innovative, and flexible with the ability to compromise and strongly service oriented.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of Divine Touch’s beneficiaries.
Service on Divine Touch’s board of directors is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to board members’ duties.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network