Chicago Collegiate Learning Specialist Job Description
The mission of Chicago Collegiate Charter School is to equip ALL students with the academic skills, intellectual habits and character traits to succeed in college, strengthen their communities and change the world. Learning Specialists are vital to the fulfillment of this mission and are at the heart of our school and our team.
Learning Specialists exemplify the core values of excellence, grit, zest, courage and pride by:
• Developing daily, unit and long-term lesson plans and assessments using IEPs in a predominantly inclusion and pull out environment.
• Teaching students in a high quality, engaging way through fostering a culture of achievement and community
• Building strong relationships with students, families and colleagues
• Holding high expectations for each student to ensure that both classroom and school wide culture is strong.
• Continuously assessing student progress, analyzing data and differentiating instruction
• Communicating effectively and regularly problem solving with classroom teachers and parents about IEPs, academic interventions and student progress.
• Being prepared to do whatever it takes for students to excel on their journey to and through college, including communicating with students & families regularly via school-provided cell phone
• Operating with a growth mindset and committing to ongoing professional and personal growth
• Working well on a trailblazing team in its fifth year, which will continue to expand until the school serves 4th – 12th graders in the Roseland community
• Have a passion for innovating their instructional practice by using personalized learning and small group instruction.
• Hold the belief that you are the primary driver of your classroom culture and a direct contributor to our school’s culture.
• Certified Special Education teacher in the state of Illinois (required)
• Bachelor's degree (required)
• Demonstrated success in raising the achievement levels of traditionally underserved students, particularly in urban schools (preferred)
• An unwavering belief that all students can achieve at the highest academic levels, regardless of demographics
• A strong work ethic and a passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven school culture
• Ability to be solutions oriented and approach each day with a sense of possibility
• A desire to become a better teacher by joining the Chicago Collegiate family
Compensation and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
Apply online at www.chicagocollegiate.org/careers.
Commitment to Diversity: Chicago Collegiate is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced team of educators. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin and are an equal opportunity employer.