ForKids – Housing Specialist
At ForKids, we’re dreamers who find a way to make the impossible, possible through our hard work and dedication of breaking the cycle of homelessness and poverty for families and children. Now is your chance to join our talented, caring, compassionate and fast growing team that delivers a full-spectrum service model, that simultaneously identifies the compound root causes of each family’s homelessness and improves mental health, education, employment, and personal obstacles with supportive services culminating in self-reliant families and educationally-prepared children.
Overview of position:
Reporting directly to the Senior Housing Specialist, the Housing Specialist uses a housing first approach to reduce the length of time families are homeless by assessing barriers, identifying appropriate long-term housing solutions, and facilitating placement.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications, knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a degree in social work, human services, or associated field.
- Minimum of two years of experience in human services and/or working with the homeless population or related field experience is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of social, economic, and health problems as they relate to homeless families.
- Knowledge of community and social agencies and resources.
- Ability to accurately track and report data and communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with consumers, co-workers and with representatives of other agencies and programs.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Valid driver’s license with no more than three minor driving violations and/or accidents combined within the last three years, and no major moving violations in the past five years.
Salary range for this position is $16.35-$18.00 per hour. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Qualified applicants should copy and paste the following link; http://tinyurl.com/ya762xtb into their browswer in order to view full job description, create an account and apply for this position. After you have created an account you may return at any time to check the status of your application by using the login created. Please attach a cover letter and resume to your application. Please no phone calls or faxes. Recruitment will continue until position is filled. ForKids is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.