| Job Description
The Individual Giving Specialist provides multiple market support in effective implementation of the Individual Giving operational plan to grow revenue by building a foundation of support through new and retained donors at increased levels of giving and by providing meaningful engagement opportunities. This position manages Golden Circle (annual giving donor program) events across multiple markets, managing all related event tasks, invitations and pre and post event reporting. This position handles all Individual Giving customer service requests and ensures effective and appropriate donor recognition across their assigned territory.
The Specialist will manage a portfolio of identified prospects and engage in meaningful and appropriate one-on-one interactions with identified prospects, and he/she plays an active role on the relationship management team and in team meetings to develop and support moves management planning for market prospects.
The Specialist leads communication and donor event calendar updates, ensuring relationship team schedules are coordinated and properly managed and executed across markets, acting as the primary liaison to the central donor engagement team and appropriate marketing team. Manages Golden Circle member and prospect coding, pulls reports and provides portfolio managers with donor tracking updates and action items. This role assists in the appropriate cultivation and stewardship of Golden Circle and Lawry Circle (planned giving) members.
The revenue potential in this territory that includes Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas and Wyoming represents $595,000.
1. Golden Circle program management
Develops donor events for each market (calendar of 4 per year for each target area -- up to 16 + possible events), maintains invitation lists, manages all event follow-up, member and prospect coding, maintenance of material assets, and preparation of event program and run of show. Responsible for donor retention and meeting established targets. Identify event opportunities (donor hosted events, lab tours, wine tastings, dinners, etc.) Manage all logistics of the events including accessibility checks, coordination with venue, vendors, invitees and staff. Collaborate with marketing to create an event timeline, invitation, donation card and program.
Successful donor events will require high level interactions with top donors, Society leadership, researchers and clinicians and volunteers to engage their networks. Attention to detail in pulling, sorting and scrubbing invitation lists is essential to make sure known constituents and their preferences are reflected in every communication. Significant communication skills are required to prep and train volunteers and staff and develop the appropriate event follow-up, messaging and thank you's.
2. Active portfolio management
Manage unique list of mid-level donors and prospects, and through one-on-one interactions and the execution of appropriate relationship building steps returns higher levels of giving from active portfolio names. Assist in qualification of large donor lists to determine individuals with capacity and propensity to give at higher levels. Strong interpersonal skills used to develop relationships and assess giving potential.
3. Coding and Moves Management
Assist with moves management planning, interaction reporting, and the development of proposals and other materials that support the development strategies and activities.
4. Customer service
Oversee accuracy and timeliness around assigned market's acknowledgements and memorial and tribute gift processing. Manage the intake of Individual Giving IRC calls for and distribute to other staff when necessary.
- Primary inquiries include: tax receipts, acknowledgement letters, memorial and tribute questions, how to make a donation, proper mailing address and planned giving questions.
5. Volunteer Engagement
- Increase the number of Society volunteers, recognizing and recruiting talent (Managing Relationships, Being Open and Receptive)
- Engage volunteers, effectively communicating and facilitating meaningful opportunities across all functions. (Communication)
- Partner with volunteers to accomplish our work. (Getting Work Done through Others, Getting Organized, Managing Work Processes, and Overcoming Obstacles)
- Cultivate volunteers, seeking and providing feedback and sharing opportunities for reciprocal growth and learning. We recognize the contributions of all volunteers. (Communication, Inspiring Others, People Management, Learning, Being Open and Receptive)
- Bachelor of Arts or Science
- 2-3 years of nonprofit fundraising experience required.
- Time management, event management, organization, communication, marketing, relationship management, and collaboration skills required.
- Ability and confidence to communicate with leaders in the MS Movement is essential.
- Ability to create and utilize donor prospecting and management tools including moves management, donor prospect sheets, etc.
- Must be an action-oriented, energetic professional with the following attributes: a track record of building donor and volunteer relationships; entrepreneurial spirit; skilled at inspiring, influencing and engaging people; high emotional intelligence; collegial, collaborative and accessible; excellent listening skills, passion for the mission.
- Strong writing skills including proposal and report writing, as well as internal and external communications with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of industry standards, current trends, and best practices.
- Experience building and leading fundraising committees.
- Results driven style and proven track record of sales/fundraising success.
- Experience and knowledge in mid-major level donor fundraising.
- Strong understanding of moves management planning and the donor lifecycle.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Database management, Knowledge of Salesforce and/or CRM systems is a plus.
- Project Management knowledge
- Strong relationship building skills
- Motivated individual who can deliver on goals
- Ability to quickly build credibility within and outside of the organization and make an immediate contribution to accomplishing key priorities
- Creative and energetic individual who functions well within a fast-paced, team environment, which includes cross-department collaboration
- Ability to work well with volunteers, staff, and a variety of constituents is essential
- Outstanding customer experience and services abilities
- Excellent verbal and written and communication skills, diplomacy, and discretion
- Ability to manage and motivate groups, both internally and externally
- Project Management experience including ability to manage multiple and high priority projects at one time
- This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
How to Apply: