This position is a key member of the Guest Services Department and works in concert with team members to ensure that indoor and outdoor spaces are well prepared for our organization’s activities and that the visitor, guest, and program participant experience is always excellent. The person in this position has wide-ranging duties including housekeeping, and kitchen duties. This position requires weekend and evening work including some early mornings.
Duties and Underlying Tasks:
- Provide meeting room and program areas set-up and tear-down
- Perform housekeeping duties in all buildings
- Laundry duties
- Move furniture, supplies, and materials to and from all campus areas
- Monitor supplies; keeps records and communicates regarding supply levels
- Work in kitchen, dish-pit or front of house.
- Provide support in other departments as directed by Carnation Farms Management
Education, Training and Experience:
- One to three years of experience in the housekeeping with preference to applicants with experience in the use of commercial grade chemical cleaning materials, products, and equipment
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Basic computer skills using Word, Excel, office email and scheduling
- Awareness and self-motivation to keep all guest accommodations and buildings maintained and cleaned in a high quality and efficient manner. This includes “deep cleaning”, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning bathrooms, cleaning tile floors, window washing and basic building maintenance.
- Ability to get along well with fellow employees, customers, guests and the public
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-based environment, meet assigned deadlines and work hours as assigned
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Good communications skills, responsive to and respectful of directions received
- Ability to work with limited supervision and to abide by safety protocols
- Flexibility and problem solving are vital to this fast-paced environment
- Variable time indoors and outdoors, possibly in inclement weather
- Workspaces vary from parking lots to kitchen back room to guest facilities
- The schedule for this position is variable and includes night and weekend work
- Work is physical and requires strength and stamina
- Able to lift, carry, push and pull up to 40 lbs.
- Extended time standing, walking, climbing and sitting based on job requirements
- Valid driver’s license
- Food Handler’s Permit or ability to get permitted within 2 weeks of hire
- Current CPR/First Aid or ability to get certified within 2 months of hire
- Background check
Hepatitis A series immunizations for the kitchen