The Kendall Square Association (KSA) is a next-generation community platform that connects, advocates for, and advances the goals of the world’s leading innovation ecosystem.
The KSA seeks an entrepreneurial, collaborative, analytical, and high-achieving team member to lead the organization’s branding, marketing, and events activities. The ideal candidate is an experienced marketer who loves building community, wants to make a real and visible impact, is a talented writer, and is ready to take the next step in his/her/their career. The 3 main pillars of this role are: brand building (helping to make Kendall Square a household name); content strategy (understanding the digital landscape and producing shareable content); and event management (building relationships and managing logistics).
The KSA is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.
Brand Building & Communications (40%)
• Build a digital marketing program reflective of a leading innovation community
• Create, write and edit content for a new Medium channel, op eds and other communications
vehicles to showcase our thought leadership
• Assist with public relations efforts for KSA and Kendall Square brand building
• Redesign and manage web site
• Develop content strategy that will communicate the mission of the KSA
Sales & Marketing Analytics (30%)
• Identify sources and analyze data in order to achieve the KSA’s marketing goals
• Develop collateral to support membership acquisition/sales efforts
• Dramatically expand subscribers to @KendallNow weekly newsletter and build new tools and
create content to achieve the KSA’s goals
• Monitor and improve growth and engagement metrics for all marketing tools and programs
• Develop and oversee new event concepts to achieve organizational goals. Robust lineup of
events including, but not limited to: Annual Meeting, Kendall Square Challenge, Film Night,
Kendall EatUp, Members’ Reception, Networking Nights and Lunch & Learns
• Manage goals, budgets, project plans, vendors, and successful delivery of all KSA events
• Develop and implement successful audience acquisition strategies
• Design collateral materials and other promotional tools
Volunteer management (10%)
• Manage the Marketing & Events committee comprised of marketing professionals across KSA
• Work with Marketing & Events committee chair(s) to set committee goals, design and
implement programming, and build a strong sense of community among committee members
• 5-7 years of professional experience in marketing, communications, public relations or related
• Has a business mindset
• A Lara Croft, Tomb Raider/Indiana Jones style of on-the-go problem solving
• Budget management experience
• Creative and strategic thinking
• Superior oral and written communication skills
• Strong project management skills
• Attention to detail
• Accountable to expectations and deadlines
• Organized, self-motivated and able to multitask
• Mission driven
• Excellent interpersonal skills, along with a sense of humor
• Design skills are a plus
Full-time salaried with fantastic benefits, which include:
• $60-70K salary with annual bonus, based on individual and organizational performance
• 15 vacation days, 12 holidays off
• Comprehensive medical and dental insurance
• 401K retirement plan, with up to 3% company match
• Discounted health & fitness membership
• Discounted BlueBike membership
• Free kayaking on the Charles River
In addition, there are many intangible benefits of working in our centrally located office - a 3 minute walk from the Kendall T stop, a BlueBike station 20 meters away, and a 2 minute walking distance from the riverfront - all within a bustling community of the world’s leading researchers, engineers, and scientists.
If interested, please email@example.com with one PDF document (no more than 6
pages) that includes:
• Cover letter
• Optional: Work portfolio that demonstrates brand building, social media, event management
This job description was posted on October 11, 2018. The ideal start date for this position is Monday, December 3rd, 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
QUICK HISTORY OF THE KENDALL SQUARE ASSOCIATION
The Kendall Square Association (KSA) will be celebrating its 10th year anniversary in 2019. We are a membership-based organization that represents nearly 200 top companies, including: Google, Facebook, MIT, Shire, Biogen, Draper, and many other life sciences, technology, biotech, retail, nonprofit, research and academic institutions. Learn more about the KSA on our website: www.kendallsq.org
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network