Safe Horizon envisions a society free of family and community violence. We will lead the way by empowering victims of domestic violence, child abuse, sexual assault and human trafficking to move from crisis to confidence.
Safe Horizon's mission is to provide support, prevent violence and promote justice for victims of crime and abuse, their families and communities.
The Safe Horizon Brooklyn Family Court Program provides a safe reception center and various services to assist survivors and victims of crime involved in the family court system. The program provides crisis intervention, case services, advocacy, information and referrals and practical assistance to survivors and victims of crime with an overall goal of promoting survivor safety and reducing the impact of victimization.
Essential Job Functions:
· Managing the Reception Center including greeting and signing in clients and visitors;
· Providing clients with the proper resources and information based on the intake assessment;
· Communicating with the court parts and coordinating the client’s court appointments;
· Answering telephones and responding to service inquiries and providing information and referrals;
· Assisting crime victims in completing New York State Office of Victim Services compensation applications;
· Coordinating with outside agencies to facilitate services;
· Arranging for transportation and financial assistance;
· Compiling records; maintaining and preparing statistics on a monthly basis; and
· Performing other related tasks as assigned.
· Family Court personnel, including court clerks and court officers;
· Civil legal attorneys;
· Social Service providers;
Knowledge and Skills:
· Good communication skills, written and verbal
· Computer knowledge
· Organizational skills
· Spanish speaking requires
· High School diploma or equivalent experience
· Associates Degree
· Experience working with domestic violence victims
· Experience in a social service setting
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information: