Safe Horizon envisions a society free of family and community violence. We will lead the way by empowering victims of domestic violence, child abuse, sexual assault and human trafficking to move from crisis to confidence.
Safe Horizon's mission is to provide support, prevent violence and promote justice for victims of crime and abuse, their families and communities.
The Family Justice Centers (FJCs) are an initiative of the Mayor’s Office to Combat Domestic Violence to reduce barriers faced by domestic violence victims who are seeking help. Safe Horizon is co-located at the FJCs and partners with the Mayor’s Office, the District Attorney’s Office and other civil legal and community-based organizations to provide a safe and welcoming place for victims to receive various services. Safe Horizon staff at the FJC provides crisis intervention, case management services, advocacy, information and referrals, and practical assistance to survivors, providing client-centered safety assessments and risk management plans.
Essential Job Functions:
The Intake Specialist/Case Manager will greet clients who access the Family Justice Center. The Case Manager responsibilities may include some or all of the following:
· Coordinate and manage client flow and information;
· Staff the reception desk;
· Asssess clients' safety and needs;
· Determine client needs;
· Determe if clients are appropriate for the Family Justice Center's services and make referrals as necessary;
· Assist in determining next steps for clients' visit to the Family Justice Center;
· Work with on-site partners to schedule client appointments;
· Answer telephones and respond to service inquiries;
· Provide information, referrals and advocacy on the phone and in person;
· Family Justice Center staff and partners
· Kings County District Attorney’s Office
· Social, legal and medical service providers