Bronxworks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences.
BronxWorks is hiring (1) Assistant Site Manager for the VITA Taxes Program in the Workforce Development Department.
• Assisting the Operation Manager set up site for tax preparation services.
• Oversee the day to day adherence to site procedures by tax preparers, admin staff, intake and volunteers.
• Participate in the training process for VITA site staff, and ensure that the staff is trained and certified to prepare tax returns.
• Maintain a working relationship with the local Internal Revenue Service (IRS) office.
• Daily transmission of tax returns to IRS and New York State.
• Corrections of rejected tax returns.
• Monitoring tax preparer for errors and adherence to tax laws, regulations, & site procedures and that staff members are only preparing returns at their certification level.
• Ensure the privacy and confidentiality of the tax returns prepared at the VITA site, as described in Publication 4299, Privacy and Confidentiality, and that these requirements are adhered to by the staff as well as the quality of the returns and ensure that quality reviews are performed.
• Ensure that the site is adequately staffed
• Maintain a record of volunteer agreements for all certified and non-certified staff.
• Ensure each member of the staff has a copy of Publications 17 and 4012 at the workstation.
• Ensure that copies of Quality Alerts are distributed to each staff member to review
• Day to Day oversight of operations of sites in the tax season.
• Rap up and closing of tax sites post April 15.
• Corrections of all outstanding returns and customer service on all outstanding
• Perform additional duties as assigned by manager
• Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
• IRS Volunteer Agreement
• IRS Site Coordinator Certification
• IRS Advanced Certification Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other standard business technology is required.
BronxWorks offers a variety of benefits to full-time salaried employees as well as part-time salaried employees who work at least 20 hours per week year-round. Generous paid time off for personal, vacation, parental, and medical leave and a pension plan that is 100% employer paid.
We support all aspects of diversity, and in accordance with federal, state and local laws, does not discriminate unlawfully against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, national origin (including ancestry), predisposing genetic characteristics, race, sex, gender, actual or perceived sexual orientation (including actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality), status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network