Bronxworks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences.
BrnxWorks is hiring a Security Guard for the VITA Taxes Program in the Workforce Development Program.
• Ensure the security of the premises and perform access control.
• Perform regular and frequent foot patrol of the entire facility.
• Enforce facility and BronxWorks policies.
• Promptly advise appropriate supervisors of problems.
• Maintain order and promote safety.
• Act professionally and as a role model for clients especially during crisis or conflict.
• Respond appropriately and effectively to physical or verbal altercations between clients.
• Respond appropriately to medical emergencies.
• Respond appropriately to situations of child abuse and neglect.
• Act as the liaison with police and other emergency services.
• Promptly advise Site Manager informed of problems or concerns.
• Make formal notifications as required.
• Participate in all required training and staff meetings.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by manager
• 8 and 16 hours Security Certifications.
• New York State Security Guard Registration Card.
• IRS Volunteer Agreement Strong oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills are necessary.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other standard business technology is required.
BronxWorks offers a variety of benefits to full-time salaried employees as well as part-time salaried employees who work at least 20 hours per week year-round. Generous paid time off for personal, vacation, parental, and medical leave and a pension plan that is 100% employer paid.
We support all aspects of diversity, and in accordance with federal, state and local laws, does not discriminate unlawfully against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, national origin (including ancestry), predisposing genetic characteristics, race, sex, gender, actual or perceived sexual orientation (including actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality), status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network