TITLE: Administrative Coordinator & Bookkeeper
REPORTS TO: Executive Director & Marketing/Development Manager
SUPERVISES: Seasonal Interns
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, this position is responsible for performing a variety of bookkeeping, artist services, board coordination, and general office management duties such as scheduling meetings, processing payroll twice monthly and financial record keeping including accounts payable, receivable and general ledger. Desired individual will have experience with Quickbooks, experience working in the nonprofit setting, an outgoing and friendly personality, demonstrated professionalism and tact in communications, strong organizational and time management skills, acute attention to detail and ability to work well with the BMF’s administrative team and directors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the Treasurer, Applause Treasurer and Executive Director to ensure proper financial record keeping.
- Use QuickBooks to manage general bookkeeping duties for both Applause! and BMF.
- Assemble checks and make bank deposits every Friday or as needed to the appropriate bank
- Process payroll at the close of pay periods (15th and 30th of each month); prepares, records and distributes paychecks.
- Process state and local sales tax reports in a timely manner.
- Issues checks for bills and employee reimbursements in an accurate and timely manner; ensures that all expenditures are appropriately categorized.
- Reconcile bank accounts and provides reports to Executive Director, Applause Treasurer and Treasurer each month.
- Proactively maintain highly organized filing system; file invoices, payroll paperwork, reimbursements, insurance information and other financial records.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Assist in the development and implementation of systems and procedures as needed.
- Maintain artist payment schedules and distribute paychecks.
- Prepare and distribute all board and committee meeting materials, managing timely organizational communications.
- Book meeting space and coordinate technical requirements for Board meetings, Executive Committee meetings and other Board committee meetings as needed.
- Take minutes at all board meetings and maintain official records of the Board.
- Maintain donor database (Salesforce.com), contribution records and correspondence files
- Issue tax donation letters for BMF and Applause!
- Assist Marketing & Development Manager in all fundraising campaign mailings.
- Assist Marketing & Development Manager with grant proposal and report preparation, composition, assembly, accuracy, and timely delivery.
- Purchase general office supplies.
- Procure office equipment, see to its repair and maintenance, and administer leases and maintenance contracts.
- Maintain office computers and systems and diagnose and fix office system issues.
- Pick up, open and screen, and distribute mail.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and orderly office environment.
- Sell merchandise and cookbooks in office as needed.
- Assume responsibility for correspondence with music licensing companies (BMI, SESCAC, ASCAP).
- Renew all insurance liability documents annually and distribute to appropriate venues/programs.
- Answer phones.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree (AA/AS) or equivalent; three to five years’ related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficiency in Quickbooks. Must have a high level of computer proficiency in standard business software including Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) as well as general knowledge of database management (Salesforce.com). Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow. Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels. Nonprofit experience a plus.
To apply send resume and cover letter by February 28, 2018 to Tamara Nuzzaci Park, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: PLEASE PUT THE WORD “BOOKKEEPER” IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL.
About Breckenridge Music Festival
The Breckenridge Music Festival presents diverse and high-quality live music performances and broad-based community music education, serving upwards of 15,000 people annually. The flagship of the Breckenridge Music Festival, a four-week summer festival, is built upon the versatility of 46 professional musicians from major orchestras across the country and the casual vibe of the Riverwalk Center, the Festival’s mainstage venue. Also in the summer months, the Blue River Series brings in national touring acts to explore the wide world of music, including Jazz, Funk, Country & Western, Folk, and Bluegrass, and the Champagne Series offers chamber music parties in private homes. During the winter, small-format performances by returning summer artists and featured regional and national performers are hosted in intimate venues around Summit County. In addition, the BMF’s education and community engagement program shares the gift of music with the next generation of Summit County music lovers and their families, serving up to 5,000 Summit, Lake, and Park County students each year. This includes in-school performances, workshops and master classes as well as summer enrichment activities and an annual Free Family Concert for all ages.