The Communications Specialist role is a full-time, hourly position for Cultivate. The
Communications Specialist will be responsible for providing creative and technical
writing, media creation, and content development for distribution across all
communications channels. The Communications Specialist will also provide additional
support across all communications initiatives to increase brand awareness, engagement
and loyalty in support of our mission and vision. This position reports to the Director of
The ideal candidate has strong writing and storytelling skills, is a proactive problem
solver, and is detail-oriented while remaining focused on the big picture. The ideal
candidate also values collaboration while also holding strong individual points of view.
Many seniors are struggling with the isolating challenges of aging in their own homes
and communities, or if someone is not yet a senior, they have loved ones who are facing
those challenges. At Cultivate we help those seniors flourish by reconnecting them—as
recipients and contributors—with their surrounding communities.
Our Mission: We help seniors flourish through active engagement with their community.
Our Vision: We envision a world in which all seniors and their loved ones enjoy more
quality time and peace of mind through the active support of their community.
Our Core Values:
• Demonstrate Integrity in Every Action
• Live Generously Through Volunteerism
• Treat Everyone Like Family
• Build Trust in Every Relationship
• Be Curious, Creative and Courageous
• Embrace Change
• Be Remarkable
• Marketing and Communications
o Write blog posts and articles that are unique, engaging and align with
Cultivate’s communications strategy
o Conduct research to find timely articles and resources that provide value
to our community
o Collaborate with team to design and produce interactive online stories
o Interview clients and volunteers for a variety of storytelling projects
o Manage and create content for Cultivate’s social media channels
o Manage and create content for Cultivate’s email newsletter(s)
o Support the content needs of Cultivate’s Program and Volunteer
o Write press releases, ad copy, and training material in support of our
internal and external communications
o Ensure all communications strategies align with our brand’s identity and
message, and assist in marketing campaigns as needed.
o Bring communications expertise to the Cultivate team
o Contribute to the Cultivate team through collaboration, as well as through
the direction, vision, and planning of assigned aspects of content
• Other Duties as Assigned
o Attend staff meetings, represent Cultivate at outside meetings; assist with
o Adhere to Cultivate’s anti-discrimination policy; participate in other
activities and tasks as requested by Cultivate.
o This position includes sporadic access to vulnerable populations.
o Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
• Creative with strong verbal, written and visual communication skills
• Proven writing/blogging and editing experience
• Excels at research, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Is organized, detail-oriented and driven
• Ability to work independently, multi-task and consistently manage multiple
deadlines and projects
• Entrepreneurial, resourceful, self-starter with hands-on approach
• Skilled with relevant technologies and tools, including Microsoft Office, Google
Docs, social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
• 2-3 years of demonstrable experience and/or skills directly relevant to the
• Demonstrate a willingness to learn new skills and tackle new challenges
• Compassionate and committed to the mission of serving seniors
Bonus if individual also has:
• Experience creating content for social media platforms
• Experience writing for video and multimedia projects
• Experience with video and/or multimedia production and post-production
• Experience with Craft CMS
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and/or Sketch
• Experience with SEO
• Experience with graphic design
• Familiarity with analytics for web and social media
• Spanish bilingual
Full time hourly position starting at $14-17/hr, commensurate with experience. Benefits –
paid health, dental, vision insurance; generous PTO package (vacation, sick leave,
Send cover letter, resume, references, and writing samples to email@example.com. Type
“Communications Specialist” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Cultivate shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, age, national origin
(ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, gender identification or
expression, or military status in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited
to, hiring and termination of staff, selection of volunteers, and selection of vendors and provision of services
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network