CANDIDATE MUST RESIDE IN GREATER BOSTON AREA
Full-Time Job – Southeast Regional Program Coordinator (40 Hours)
Massachusetts Advocates Standing Strong is a statewide self-advocacy organization that supports, nurtures, and promotes self-advocacy in youth and adults with developmental disabilities. Our mission is to empower self-advocates through education so we make choices that improve and enrich our lives.
This is an exciting and challenging position for someone who understands and is dedicated to self-advocacy and community organizing. You would initially be working remotely via Zoom until programs and groups are open for in-person meetings. You will support, coordinate and advise existing local self-advocacy groups while organizing new groups and trainings in the Southeast. This is a position for someone who is flexible to the changing demands of grant-funded initiatives. You should be very comfortable with using technology, facilitating meeting groups of self-advocates and people with disabilities, and be accustomed to working independently and as part of a team. This is a full-time exempt position for 40 hours a week. The salary range is $37,440-$43,680 a year, depending on experience. Health insurance is reimbursed at 50% of the health insurance premium
Some of your duties and responsibilities would include:
1. Provide resources, training, and build relationships with new and existing groups in the Southeast Region
2. Provide facilitation and support for MASS Regional and Southeast meetings.
3. Facilitate and lead other monthly workshops and trainings to help Massachusetts Advocates Standing Strong achieve contracted outcome measures
4. Attend monthly staff meetings and provide monthly reports on goals.
5. Support any and all logistics for the annual statewide conference (taking place online via Zoom)
6. Help plan and attend the annual Retreat.
7. Assist the Board in developing annual goals for the state.
8. Other activities and tasks as requested by the Lead Regional Coordinator and
Qualifications: Minimum of three years experience in self-advocacy, community organizing, human rights, or comparable experience.
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
COVID but vehicle will be necessary when meetings start-up in person again)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to the attention of Grant Yosenick at info WeAreMASS.org
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network