Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center (BCNC) empowers Asians and new immigrants to build healthy families, achieve greater economic success, and contribute to thriving communities by providing a broad range of innovative and family-centered programs and services to more than 8,000 children, youth, and adults every year. BCNC is an equal opportunity employer. Resumes accepted until position is filled.
As part of the BCNC Adult Education team, the Employment Specialist is primarily responsible for developing and maintaining strong partnerships with employers in order to secure gainful employment opportunities and long-term job placements for BCNC’s adult ESOL student population.
This position is part-time (23 hrs/wk), and is based in BCNC’s Boston site at 38 Ash St. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position is expected to work remotely until BCNC reopens to all staff.
Compensation: $22/hr for 23 hrs/wk (or $26,312 annually); medical, dental, and vision insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and personal days; 12 paid holidays per year; 403(b) retirement plan; pre-tax commuter benefits; employee assistance program.
Note: This position is currently funded through 6/30/2021. Employment beyond 6/30/2021 is contingent on available funding.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
85% Employer Engagement
▪ Maintain relationships with current employer partners.
▪ Establish and develop new partnerships with local employers.
▪ Assist with writing, securing, and updating Memoranda of Understanding with new and current employer partners.
▪ Communicate with new and current employer partners regarding BCNC workforce development activities and BCNC client needs and challenges.
▪ Assist with employer engagement activities, including coordinating recruiting events, job fairs, and/or workshops. ▪ Maintain up-to-date records on partners and partner engagement activities.
▪ Maintain up-to-date knowledge of local workforce and industry trends.
▪ Collaborate with the BCNC Workforce Initiatives team and the Director of Adult Education to implement special projects.
15% Employment Placement Services
▪ Assess students’ fit for employment with employer partners.
▪ Connect students to appropriate employers, including communicating with employers throughout the application and hiring process.
▪ Assist with tracking and recording student placements.
Skills and Experience Required:
▪ Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
▪ At least two years of experience in employer engagement, partnership building, and/or workforce development.
▪ Experience working with adult immigrants and/or low-income communities.
▪ Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Google Suite, and video conferencing tools.
▪ Ability to work in teams and independently.
▪ Self-driven and results-oriented, with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high-quality service.
Physical Requirements Position is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
BCNC is an equal opportunity employer. Resumes accepted until position is filled.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network