JVS MassHire Downtown Boston Career Center seeks a Career Navigator to deliver innovative, customer-focused, and technology-driven career services to job seekers. In this role, the Career Navigator will work as part of the “WIOA (Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act) team” with the primary function of coordinating across the agency to enroll eligible customers in Individualized Services and a secondary role of assisting to screen and enroll clients in Individual Training Vouchers. The navigator will assist job seekers from diverse backgrounds and levels of experience to conduct successful job searches and obtain employment.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• BA/BS in related area (Counseling, Human Resources, Education, Psychology or Social Work)
• 4 years of experience in the workforce development/career coaching/recruiting field with excellent knowledge of career coaching tools and strategies
• Knowledge of web-based job search resources and techniques required
• Exceptional level of computer/technology proficiency including: ability to complete online job applications, maintain accurate records of services provided in databases, and high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
• Experience in marketing and outreach desired
• Familiarity with career ladders and professional advancement preferred
• Bilingual speaker a plus
• Job Development / Employer relationship building
• Building Relationships, Collaboration and Teamwork
• Accountability and Results focused
• Promotes Agency
• Applied Technology
• Adapting to Change
• Tracking program progress and reporting
• Cultural Competency and Respect
• Collaboration across departments and agencies
• Communication Skills
Please apply through our Careers at JVS page
JVS Benefits: All employees who work 20 or more hours at JVS have access to our benefits. Learn more about our great benefits at our Careers page.
JVS Culture: JVS is strongly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates and values employee differences and similarities.
Thanks and regards,
-JVS Human Resources Team!