WHO WE ARE
Located in downtown Boston, Bridge Over Troubled Waters is the city’s premier organization dedicated to transforming the lives of runaway, homeless and high risk youth through safe, supportive, and encouraging relationships and effective and innovative services that guide them toward self-sufficiency and fulfilling, meaningful futures. After more than 40 years, it remains a national model and program incubator for youth development services which are effective in helping the most troubled and vulnerable homeless youth to turn their lives around. If you care about making a difference in the lives of young people, we are interested in hearing from you! To learn more about us, visit www.bridgeotw.org.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, you will play a key role in developing the organization's capacity to manage its resources by focusing on the infrastructure needed to support the work of our staff. Operations/facilities Manager is responsible for the management of the day to day maintenance and functioning of our facilities and systems, which include mechanical and telecommunications technology. The incumbent will develop systems and controls necessary to ensure the safety, security and proper maintenance all of the organization's physical assets and properties.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Plans and directs the facility related activities and work with the Director of Finance and Administration to provide oversight of the maintenance of all Bridge buildings and physical assets
- Ensures compliance with Insurance, licensing and regulatory agencies
- Negotiates contracts with vendors who provide services, supplies, and special facilities projects. Obtains competitive bids from contractors and oversees vendors and manages their work and related budgets.
- Oversees routine maintenance schedules of major appliances and equipment in all locations
- Provides oversight and compliance with fire inspections and keeps log of drills
- Assesses the allocation of existing space, current needs, and assigns or reassigns as necessary
- Creates and maintains an inventory system for supplies, keys, and equipment
- Orders and distributes supplies
- Participates in developing an operating budget for facilities
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
You should have a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of five years of facilities and operations management experience. You should have the proven ability to prioritize multiple projects in a dynamic environment; excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills; and be able to maintain excellent relationships with outside constituents. Knowledge of Microsoft Office software is also required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We provide competitive compensation and excellent benefits including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Employer paid Life, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Vacation, Holiday, Sick, Personal and Birthday Time
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
Please email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
Bridge Over Troubled Waters is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.