|Visitor Services Representative (Shift #212)
Museum of Science, Boston
The Visitor Services Representative helps guests have the best possible experience at the Museum of Science! The VSR functions as a member of the Museum's sales and guest service force -- selling tickets and memberships and proactively making suggestions to guests at point of purchase to match guest interests to Museum offerings and meet sales goals.
- 20,000 - 50,000 guests per week depending on the season.
- Up to 15,000 guests per day during school vacation week / holiday periods or special exhibitions.
- Up to 500 transactions per cashier, per day.
- This is a uniformed position.
- Additional shifts and/or extended hours may be required to accommodate peak periods such as school vacation weeks and summer hours.
Regular, Part-time (11.25 hours/week):
- Friday, 4:15pm - 9:15pm
- Saturday, 9:30am - 4:15pm
Director, Visitor Services
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6) months of customer service or sales experience.
- Demonstrated customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to match guest interest to Museum offerings and effectively up-sell additional offerings to meet sales goals.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to address guests in a professional manner.
- Ability to juggle many tasks calmly and efficiently in a fast paced setting.
- Ability to work independently.
- Basic math skills sufficient to collect payment and make accurate change on transactions, compare costs of guest purchase options, or keep accurate capacity counts.
Non-Exempt (hourly), $12.00/hr, including sales commission opportunities.
Free parking in the Museum garage, T accessibility, free Exhibit Halls admission and Omni/Planetarium shows, free Duck Tours, discounts in the Museum store and cafe, discounted movie passes, retirement & savings plan.
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.