Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas has a rich, 120 year+ history. Everyone knows Goodwill for our thrift stores, but few know what Goodwill is really all about. The sale of donated items provides funds that stays local, supporting thousands of job-seekers with barriers to employment. We believe in the Power of Work and are committed to helping people earn and keep jobs in this community. That's why 90¢ of every dollar Goodwill spends goes directly into our mission, not into shareholders' pockets.
Our agency is evolving. We're looking for new leaders and team members who want more than just a job. With a $30 million operating budget and a lot of room to grow, now is the time to join the next generation of Goodwill.
Visit www.mokangoodwill.org to learn more about our agency.
Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veterans status, disability or genetic information, and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions. Individuals needing accommodations to complete an application may contact Human Resources at 816.842.7425 x239.
This position is made possible through a Shelter Workshop program governed under section 14(c). This program provides opportunities to those individuals with a significant documented disability. This is a part-time position.
To be eligible to apply for this position the applicant:
- Must have a documented significant disability
- Dress appropriately for the position, as directed by Agency
- Support store loss prevention guidelines and store security
- Hang clothes onto z-racks according to standards
- Display exceptional customer service skills
- Pull clothing from sales floor
- Ensure clothing racks are well maintained, picking clothing up from floor and tops of racks and re-hanging,
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job
- Ability to work effectively with customers and coworkers
- Ability to safely perform job duties
- Ability to follow policies
- Ability to perform tasks assigned by supervisors and store management in a timely manner.