Job Title : Staff Accountant
Re port s to: Accounting Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Date: March 2017
ABOUT ACMG/ACMG FOUNDATION
The American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ACMG) is an organization composed of biochemical, clinical, cytogenetic, medical and molecular geneticists, genetic counselors and other health care professionals committed to the practice of medical genetics. The ACMG was incorporated in 1991 to give national representation to providers of genetic services and their patients with genetic disorders and to speak for the emerging specialty of medical genetics in organizations and agencies concerned with medical service, certification, and regulatory issues. The ACMG provides education, resources, and a voice for the medical genetics profession and its’ mission is to improve health through genetics. The educational and public health programs of the ACMG are dependent upon charitable gifts from corporations, foundations, and individuals through the ACMG Foundation for Genetic and Genomic Medicine.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Staff Accountant performs accounts payable and accounts receivable support for the Accounting team. This individual may also assist with financial reporting and year-tax and auditing preparation. The position reports to the Accounting Manager.
ESS ENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Maintains the accuracy and integrity of the accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll functions including opening, date stamping, reviewing, logging in, and distributing all incoming invoices for proper signatures, authorizations, purchase order numbers and coding.
- Handles cash deposits in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Receives and processes all incoming membership and checks, verifies that the checks have been logged correctly, prepares deposit for the bank, and enters receivable information in QuickBooks.
- Processes member payments by credit card.
- Prepares and post allocations. Processes bimonthly check runs.
- Prepares and processes journal entries when necessary.
- Assists with month and year-end closing.
- Compiles information and prepares 1099 forms for year-end distribution.
- Reconciles bank reconciliations. Prepares adjusting journal entries for bank reconciliations and expense reclassifications.
- Assists with preparation of financial reports for month and year-end closings.
- Assists with preparations related to tax and agency audits.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
MI NIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline and a minimum of four (4) years of hands-on accounting experience to include demonstrated experience in accounts payable and journal entries.
- Understanding of standard accounting practices and principles including not-for-profit accounting practices and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple, concurrent tasks.
- Significant experience with credit card reconciliations.
- Extensive bookkeeping experience and working with a significant volume of paperwork.
- Experience reviewing, coding and recording bills, expense reports and expenses paid by credit card.
- Computer literacy required including advanced proficiency in standard business applications (e.g. QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word). Knowledge of iMIS is preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills including ability to interact effectively withall levels of staff, member institutions, subcontractors and the general public.
BENEFITS AND SALARY
The salary for this exempt, full-time position shall be commensurate with the candidate’s skill and experience. ACMG offers an excellent benefits package that includes: medical/dental/vision coverage, long and short-term disability, flexible spending account and commuter benefits.
This is a largely sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see and lift small objects up to 30 lbs. This role may also require the ability to travel domestically periodically.
Th e above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 /year
We have set up application questions for your job.
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- Have you completed the following level of education: Bachelor's ?
- How many years of accounting experience do you have?
Job Type: Full-time