Compensation: $17.00-$20.00 an hour
Full time: Monday-Friday
Location: Bellevue, Wa
AtWork!, a non-profit organization whose mission is to empower people with disabilities to be productive, integrated and contributing members of their communities.
Are you looking for a career opportunity in a diverse workforce with a positive work environment that promotes from within? We are looking for a skilled Accounting Clerk to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and administrative tasks.
Accounting Clerk responsibilities include Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and payroll processing. The accounting clerk will also keep financial records updated, prepare reports and reconcile bank statements. A successful accounting clerk should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers.
· Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
· Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
· Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
· Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
· Daily entry of key data of financial transactions in database
· Provide assistance and support to company personnel
· Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
· Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
· Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
· Constantly update job knowledge
· Proven accounting experience, preferably as an accounts receivable clerk or accounts payable clerks
· Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
· Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook) databases and accounting software such as Sage-Business Works a plus
· Knowledge of Paycom a plus
· Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
· Accuracy and attention to detail
· Aptitude for numbers
· Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
· Data entry and word processing skills
· Back-up receptionist as needed with phone, etc.
· High school degree
· Associate’s degree or relevant certification is a plus
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Generous vacation pay (16 days in the first year) Extended Sick Leave for absences due to illness longer than 3 days, 10 paid Holiday’s (no waiting period), Life Insurance (paid by Employer), 403b up to 6% match and a $20.00 allowance for Supplemental Insurance.
AtWork! is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to providing a diverse work environment. If you should need an accommodation to apply for this position, please contact Human Resources at 425-274-4000.