Community Support Professionals, Floater, FT MD Community Living Program-Northern, Central Baltimore County & Harford County Region
For over 25 years, Penn-Mar Organization has provided support services in our communities, which promote value, independence and self-determination, to families and individuals with disabilities or human service needs. The Community Support Professional will be responsible for a variety of duties related to the overall care and support of individual(s) within the Community Living Program who reside either in the community with family members or independently in their own home.
The hours for these position vary and FLEX, requiring the successful candidate to be FLEXIBLE with their time. Current schedule includes early morning, evenings and weekends. Individual may be responsible for providing support to one specific individual and/or work with additional individuals at a seperate site depending on position. Care assignments are set and locations will be discussed at time of interview.
Current position hours vary including evenings and weekend hours. Flex required. Position supports individuals primarily in Northern Baltimore County, MD.
Orientation/Training classes now available both day and evening times!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provide safe transportation to/from outings, doctor appointments, etc.
- Encourage individuals to express their personal choice and preferences.
- Encourage individuals to develop meaningful relationships within their community.
- This position requires the ability to network and establish community contacts that are of interest to the individual.
- Works in a safe manner and promotes safety of the individual.
- Applicant must able to lift 50 lbs. as needed
- Applicant must be able to stand, walk, sit, traverse, kneel, bend from the waist, etc., as needed
- Applicant must be able to communicate verbally, visually and audibly
- Basic Computer Skills
Other duties may be assigned.
Minimum Requirements to work at Penn-Mar Human Services include:
- Minimum High School Diploma/ G.E.D.
- Acceptable criminal background.
- Valid Driver's License with 2 years experience, and less than 3 moving violations (NO Major Violations, D.U.I.'s or Suspensions) in the previous 36 months.
- Ability to pass pre-employment Drug Screen/ Physical/ Mantoux Test (PPD, TB).
Penn-Mar Human Services is an E.O.E.
Penn-Mar only accepts online applications for employment.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.