The mission of AIDS Services of Austin is to enhance the health and well-being of the community and people affected by HIV and AIDS. For more than 27 years, ASA has provided a continuum of services to the greater Central Texas area.
We are looking for a Prevention Specialist to deliver HIV/STI testing and counseling focused on Black and Latino men who have sex with men and high-risk, heterosexual African American women.
Ideal Candidate Profile
Friendly & Outgoing - You're a social butterfly. You will be out in the community engaging high-risk populations of color by helping them feel safe and comfortable to get tested.
Collaborative Approach - You love teamwork. The Prevention Team is a high functioning team and works closely together to deliver testing services in the most efficient and innovative ways.
Mission Driven - You're looking for a job that makes a difference. At ASA you will be an integral part in our community to help our clients build healthier futures and reduce stigma for people affected by HIV/AIDS.
A successful Prevention Specialist must be able and willing to:
- Deliver services according to the Prevention Program Operations Manual
- Consistently achieve position deliverables
- Function within the Agency's policies and Procedures as outlined in our Personnel Handbook
- High school diploma or GED required or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in behavioral health or related field
- Two years of HIV/AIDS prevention or related work experience
- Training in HIV screening/counseling and testing
- Training in harm reduction principles and motivational interviewing
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.