TOURNAMENTS LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
Founded in 2004, the WFTDA promotes and fosters the sport of women's flat track derby and is a membership only organization. The WFTDA has been producing the WFTDA Playoffs and Championships tournaments for its member leagues since 2011.
The WFTDA is currently seeking an experienced Tournament Logistics Coordinator. Reporting to the Chief Programs Officer, the Tournaments Logistics Coordinator will work with the WFTDA Tournaments Manager, WFTDA Finance Manager and Tournaments Committee to support the production of the 2017 WFTDA Playoffs and Championships.
This is a contract position and part-time with an expected workweek of approximately 10 hours/week.
- Work with hospitality partners to manage and report on hotel room pickup and track and book WFTDA staff and volunteer hotel rooms.
- Set up ticket web sites (through TicketLeap, or other third-party ticket agency) and track sales. Create and share reports of ticket sales to analyze sales and to support Marketing efforts.
- Purchase supplies for tournaments such as track supplies, office supplies, volunteer t-shirts, lanyards, etc.
- Support Tournaments and Finance Departments with tracking and coding of tournament invoices and reimbursements, payment of tournament deposits.
- Track of team registration payments.
- Support Tournaments Manager on internal communication and project management.
- Support Tournaments Manager in developing work plans and utilize existing systems (Google Apps, Slack, and Basecamp) to track and control project details and tasks.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with supervisors, colleagues, vendors, and other professionals.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- Event production experience
- Participation in/advanced knowledge of flat track roller derby highly preferred
- Prior association or nonprofit experience required
- Fluency in language(s) other than English preferred
This position is part of a virtual team. The Tournaments Logistics Coordinator routinely must be comfortable communicating and managing tasks via virtual technologies. The successful candidate will have unlimited access to a reliable internet connection. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility of hours is allowed, but the Tournaments Logistics Coordinator must be available to work at least half of their weekly hours between 9am and 5pm Eastern Time. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Up to 3 trips during the contract year.
Required Education and Experience
- Three to five years of professional work experience
- Experience managing and prioritizing complex tasks
- Fluency in English
The WFTDA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, geography, age, disability or genetics. LGBTQ and persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
How To Apply:
To apply, applicants are required to submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line: WFTDA – Tournaments Logistics Coordinator