Cassie Haynes, Executive Director
Founded in 2004, the WFTDA promotes and fosters the sport of women's flat track derby and is a membership only organization. The WFTDA has been producing the WFTDA Playoffs and Championships tournaments for its member leagues since 2011.
The WFTDA is currently seeking a Sponsorship Coordinator. Reporting to the Executive Director, The Sponsorship Coordinator manages the relationships with our community and corporate partners and works with WFTDA leadership and consultants to identify and secure new partnerships. The SC works very closely with the Chair of the Sponsorship Committee and liaises with the Broadcast, Marketing, and Finance departments on matters concerning sponsorship.
The SC is also responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding corporate and community partnerships. Specific events around which sponsorship is solicited include public-facing conferences (i.e. Roller Derby World Summit) and International WFTDA Playoffs and Championships Tournaments.
This is a part-time, contract role with an expected workweek of approximately 10 hours/week.
- Support WFTDA sponsorship sales and marketing team in identifying and soliciting corporate sponsors.
- Establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with current and potential partners.
- Renew current sponsorships and secure upgraded packages when possible.
- Create, assemble, and own sponsorship materials including sales kits and other resources for Host Leagues, letter templates, proposals, presentations, etc.
- Manage sponsorship contracts.
- Maintain sponsorship calendar and meet deadlines.
- Ensure prompt acknowledgement of sponsorships received.
- Prioritize communications and tasks to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner.
- Ensure that partners receive the full benefits of WFTDA sponsorship.
- Ensure that partners receive comprehensive and accurate return-on-investment (ROI) data.
- Assemble Host League sponsorship teams for each event and serve as the primary WFTDA contact for these teams.
- Host bi-monthly calls with WFTDA Tournament hosts, beginning each spring and running through the end of Tournament Season.
This position is part of a virtual team. The SC must be comfortable communicating and managing projects via virtual technologies. The successful candidate will have their own computer and unlimited access to a reliable internet connection. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position. The successful candidate will be expected to work an average of 10-15 hours/week and must be available to work the majority of their weekly hours between 9am and 5pm Eastern Time. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Some out-of-area and overnight travel is expected 3-6 times per year.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree plus one year of professional responsibility in sports sales and marketing or nonprofit fundraising and development, OR
- Two to three years of progressive professional responsibility in sports sales and marketing or nonprofit fundraising and development
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Fluency in English
Preferred Education and Experience
- Participation in/advanced knowledge of flat track roller derby
- Familiarity with derby businesses
- Experience working with a virtual team
- Prior association or nonprofit experience
- Fluency in language(s) other than English
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
The WFTDA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, geography, age, disability or genetics. LGBTQ and persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
How To Apply:
To apply, applicants are required to submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line: WFTDA – Sponsorship Coordinator