Research Assistant, Part Time
Program Manager & Senior Program Coordinator
Engender Health’s vision is Women and Girls First. The vision is underpinned by the mission, namely catalyzing the value of women and girls by harnessing the power of sexual and reproductive rights and health. EngenderHealth is a leading global women’s health organization committed to ensuring that every pregnancy is planned, every child is wanted, and every mother has the best chance at survival.
Located in Austin, TX, the part-time Research Assistant will provide critical support in facilitating data collection for the randomized control trial evaluation of the RE:MIX teen pregnancy prevention project. The primary function of the Research Assistant is to support and ensure the successful administration of RE:MIX evaluation activities among key evaluation, school and program staff through June 2017.
- Conduct trainings and classroom explanations of the Re:MIX program and evaluation process to students and teachers
- Collect student consent forms for participation in the evaluation
- Administer Baseline, Post, and One-Year Follow-Up Surveys to Re:MIX evaluation participants
- Monitor and edit weekly session logs and observation logs as needed on the Qualtrics Survey Platform
- Track completion of program facilitators’ weekly session logs and UT and EngenderHealth classroom observation logs
- Correspond with Re:MIX Team, school contacts, teachers, and other staff regularly throughout implementation
- Conduct observations of RE:MIX classroom sessions and peer educator activities
- Participate in interviews with peer educators and key staff about peer educator program component
- Collect data for peer educator program as needed
- Complete data entry as needed
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Social Work, Public Health or related field
- Working knowledge of the Qualtrics Survey Platform
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong organizational skills and strict attention to detail
- Ability to work weekdays between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to communicate to students and teachers
- Must be comfortable and respectful of EngenderHealth’s programming that promotes women’s rights, gender equality, sexual diversity and LGBTQ rights
Please visit the careers page on our website, www.engenderhealth.org, search job openings under the “Austin, TX.” location and submit an application along with resume and cover letter.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in the United States in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.