Scope of Work:
The primary objective of the counselor is to provide clients with support and options to lead a life free of violence. It is expected that the counselor’s job performance will incorporate the practice and promotion of New Hope’s core values, which include respect, teamwork, empowerment and professionalism.
- Provide individual and group counseling for sexual assault, sexual abuse, and domestic violence victims and significant others affected by sexual assault issues.
- Assess clinical needs including referrals for psychiatric, substance abuse, or other related evaluation.
- Maintain liaison with collateral clinical providers as necessary for coordination of treatment and services.
- Provide counseling consultation to agency staff.
- Participate in SANE back up on call
- Accept assignments at alternate sites as requested.
- Complete assignments as requested by the VP-Operations and/or Senior Management.
Education & Experience:
· Master’s degree in Social Work or Counseling
· Knowledge of and/or experience with sexual assault and domestic violence issues and sensitivity to multicultural issues.
· Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and team with other professionals.
It is the policy of New Hope to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, New Hope will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
New Hope’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions and social/recreational programs.