Job Title: Political and Campaigns Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full time
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
The Alaska Center is seeking an enthusiastic and talented individual to serve as the Political and
Campaigns Director. This position will direct and oversee campaign planning, including organizing and
voter mobilization programs, and help advance our campaigns by electing strong leaders who champion
our values to local and statewide offices.
The Alaska Center envisions a thriving, just and sustainable Alaska for future generations. We engage,
empower, and elect Alaskans to stand up for clean air and water, healthy communities, and a strong
democracy. Our issue priorities are protecting salmon habitat, advancing clean energy solutions in the
face of rapid climate change, and amplifying Alaskans’ voices in the public process. In partnership with
our sister organization The Alaska Center Education Fund, we achieve our vision through youth
education and leadership development, community organizing and mobilization, and electing leaders
who champion our values.
Core Responsibilities: Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Provide oversight and management of paid and door canvass programs;
● Work with organizing team to develop work plans to achieve campaign and organizational goals;
● Provide organization-wide leadership as part of a Senior Management Team.
Political Program Implementation:
● Develop long term political and electoral power building strategies;
● Establish campaign targets and priority races for specific election cycles;
● Work with external partners to develop overarching organizing strategies;
● Work with allies and coalition partners to develop a robust candidate recruitment program.
● Coordinate closely with leaders from the Communications and Development teams to ensure
symmetry in online, field and donor cultivation strategies;
● Work with policy experts and lobbyists to ensure issue campaign and electoral strategies align
with policy and campaign goals;
● Develop, track and update field components of campaign plans;
● Oversee all public reporting and campaign disclosure reporting to the IRS, APOC and other
oversight entities as necessary;
● Support the implementation of field plans by working alongside grassroots organizers and
volunteers in periodic engagement in volunteer recruitment, volunteer meetings, canvassing,
event planning, etc.;
● Provide regular reports or organizational leadership on metrics and progress of campaigns and
grassroots organizing activities;
● Manage data flow across Development, Communications, Field and Political department;
● Collaborate regularly with The Alaska Center coalition partners to align outreach efforts and
● 3-5 years in grassroots organizing and political / advocacy campaign experience;
● Knowledge of Alaska politics;
● Experience with the Voter Activation Network and affiliated databases;
● Ability and willingness to work irregular hours including evenings and weekends on occasion;
● Experience designing, maintaining and improving a goal-oriented accountability structure
without compromising staff autonomy or innovation;
● Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meeting frequent deadlines;
● Ability to inspire action in others, lead by example and instill purpose into daily campaign
operations of the organization;
● Ability to maintain a positive attitude and solution-based approach in high pressure or difficult
● Willingness to engage in phone and door canvasses, volunteer recruitment, host volunteer
meetings, plan campaign events, etc.
● Ability to adapt and adjust to changing circumstances quickly is a must;
● Commitment to understand race, class, gender, and other equity issues in organizing and politics
and create a more equitable and inclusive program.
Conditions of Employment
This is a full-time position that must be based in Alaska. Salary is dependent on experience with a
generous and competitive benefits package. This position will travel within Alaska as necessary to
achieve organizational and individual work plan goals with minimal out-of-state travel for training and
conferences. All Alaska Center staff have access to professional development opportunities.
The Alaska Center provides a supportive work environment with excellent benefits and incentives. The
Alaska Center is an equal opportunity employer. Employment and promotional opportunities are based
upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship,
disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established under law.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Political and Campaigns
Director” in the subject line. Position open until filled. The first review of applications will be August 1,
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network