People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is searching for a full-time policy associate to support our efforts to put an end to animal abuse worldwide. This role is responsible for a combination of administrative, research, and advocacy-related tasks. Reporting directly to the president, with wide latitude for independent initiative and judgment, this role coordinates the planning, organization, and development of specific projects in order to accomplish the goals of the organization most effectively.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Coordinate and perform in-depth analyses in order to suggest strategies
• Develop and maintain productive relationships to implement PETA's advocacy initiatives effectively
• Prepare reports, briefings, presentations, and responses on strategic issues
• Draft correspondence and respond to inquiries and requests, utilizing discretion and independent judgment
• Oversee Web content related to assigned projects
• Travel within and outside the U.S. on assignments
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
• Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum of three years of professional experience
• Strong working knowledge of animal rights issues and PETA campaigns
• Excellent professional research skills, with the ability to conduct research on complicated issues, especially in circumstances in which information availability is limited
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
• Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple projects
• Proven ability to exercise independent judgment
• Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Previous public-speaking experience and the ability to comfortably create and deliver presentations
• Professional appearance and adherence to a vegan lifestyle
• Ability and willingness to travel
• Ability to lift and carry 20 lbs.
• Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid U.S. driver's license, a minimum of three years of driving experience, and a satisfactory driving record
• Support for PETA's philosophy and the ability to professionally advocate PETA's positions on issues
• Commitment to the objectives of the organization
Please apply online:
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network