Position: Development and Administrative Coordinator
Reports to: Chief Development Officer (CDO)
Overview of Position The Development and Administrative Coordinator is an integral member of the Development and Administrative team at JFS. This position manages the donor database and provides confidential administrative and office support to the CDO, ED, and COO/Director of Human Resources. This position is responsible for handling confidential and time sensitive information and materials.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, & Competencies
1. Processes donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
2. Maintains the integrity of donor database by ensuring that all donations, donor contact information, campaign codes, and other pieces of data are accurately recorded.
3. Manages pledge payment tracking, acknowledgements, reminders, and follow-up processes for multi-year donors.
4. Monitors and cleans up donor records: combining duplicate records, inputting gift entries, correcting misspellings or misinformation.
5. Creates monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
6. Assists CDO with Annual Campaign appeals and activities.
7. Maintains guest lists, gathers and prepares registration materials and other duties as assigned for fundraising events.
8. Works closely with the CDO and fundraising committee of the board to provide support for their activities and assist in all of their fundraising efforts.
9. Assembles media and donor kits for events and meetings.
10. Composes routine correspondence and prepares drafts of documents, including complex spreadsheets, presentations, agendas or programs.
11. Assists ED with wide range of confidential, administrative, and general support activities for the Board of Directors.
12. Prepares for All-Agency meetings by compiling training documents, running reports for birthdays, anniversaries, and recognitions. Attends All-Agency meetings, takes notes, and creates reports.
13. Maintains office operations by monitoring, distributing and ordering office supply inventory and by reporting any problems to management.
14. Assists Purchasing Director with all purchasing activities for the Agency.
15. Assists Administration with all facilities and maintenance – related activities and requests.
16. Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as data entry, filing, photocopying, and collating.
Other Duties, Responsibilities, & Competencies
1. Supports agency operations by appropriately representing the agency in all forums and by demonstrating commitment to agency philosophy, mission, goals, policies and procedures.
2. Contributes to effective use of agency resources by identifying and implementing options for cost containment.
3. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
4. Uses time effectively by appropriately planning, organizing and scheduling required work hours to meet agency needs.
5. Demonstrates effective judgment by making appropriate decisions, as well as conducting and maintaining a professional manners and appearance at all times.
6. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with health and safety guidelines.
7. Displays flexibility by accepting and adapting to unexpected changes in a courteous and professional manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years administrative experience, development experience preferred.
2. Experience working with donor databases, DonorPerfect preferred.
3. Ability to manage priorities for a wide range of tasks with varying deadlines and degrees of importance; must be capable of multitasking, organizing and coordinating tasks.
4. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and outstanding time management and organizational skills.
5. Computer literacy; proficient in all MS Office programs and comfort using new databases, software and systems.
6. Highly efficient and attentive to detail.
7. Ability to work well with culturally diverse populations.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network