Job Type: Part-time contracted positions are open in your local area
Position Objective: The primary responsibility of a doula, lactation consultant, childbirth educators or other birth worker contracted by CCI is to provide physical, emotional, and educational support to a mother before, during, and/or after childbirth (relevant services can be provided until the child’s third birthday).
If you are passionate about working with families during and after pregnancy and are looking to build or expand your business as a self-employed professional doula with an amazing team to back you, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
Children’s Connections, Inc. (CCI) is a non-profit organization seeking to contract with Doulas, Lactation Consultants, Childbirth Educators and other birth workers throughout Texas to work with pregnant and/or postpartum moms. All specialties are welcome and highly encouraged to apply! You will work with our clients in your area and you recruit additional clients to receive doula or other services paid by CCI. There’s no need for you to ever come to Lubbock, where our home office is located.
- Doula, lactation, childbirth educator and or other certification in birth work
- Experience working with mothers and couples
- Reliable transportation to conduct home and hospital visits near your home (at least20 miles)
- Current auto liability insurance and a good driving record are required
- Commitment to participate in training provided by webinar or online self-study
- Reliable cell phone service with ability to text and participate In video calls, as well as password protection capability with a number that may be shared with assigned clients
- Availability during the business workday as well as after hours, based on the needs of the clients Central Time
- Availability during the business workday as well as after hours, based on the needs of the clients
- Reliable cell phone, tablet or laptop that is touchscreen enabled in order to sign in to required database
- Highly motivated, self-starting individual
- Strong communication skills
- Shows relationship development with clients
- Strong time management and follow-up skills
- Sense of humor, along with compassion for clients
- Ability to travel on rare assignments to work with clients within 50 miles (or further, if you prefer) from your home, with additional travel reimbursement
Must Follow CCI’s Requirements:
What We Offer:
- Meaningful work that makes a difference
- Professional, upbeat work relationships with co-workers and management
- Professional pay - $30/hour on a contract labor basis
- The ability to work in your local area, while setting your own schedule
- Encouragement to grow successfully in your doula business
- Satisfaction for working for a non-profit that provides free services to clients
- Compassion, respect, and understanding
- Ability to work from home
To be considered, please send us your resume at Jobs@childrensconnections.org! We’re excited to get to know you!
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network