We are looking for a Community and Engagement Specialist that:
• Is a passionate leader excited about improving Philadelphia’s early care and education providers and the lives of the city’s families and children they serve.
• Believes in the power of teamwork and working in community.
• Committed to embracing diversity as a paramount element of leadership.
• Is a life-long learner committed to data-informed learning and continuous improvement.
• Models focus, attention to detail, professionalism, and follow-through.
The Family and Community Engagement Specialist is responsible for facilitating effective practice in developing family skills and supports and fostering community connections to strengthen opportunities for children and families served in child care. The Specialist, using principles of equity and inclusiveness, develops and provides content, technical assistance, and subject matter expertise on key activities including, but not limited to, effective Kindergarten transition, enrollment, strengthening parent/child interactions, building social capital among families, empowering families, and building authentic family partnerships. The Specialist will work closely with the community organizations including the School District of Philadelphia and any/all related LEAs to co-create guidance and support for providers and families. The Specialist will create, modify, and deliver all content, which includes digital content and professional learning events both in-person and virtual.
In addition, the specialist will interface with coaches to provide specialized content support to meet their coaching needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develops and supports the community and family engagement strategy for the entire TA contract. This includes managing the creation of all related content that aligns to the professional development needs.
• Supervises the quality of and acts as a subject matter expert for all digital, workshop style and coaching content.
• Coordinates and collaborates with the Shine Early Learning and Acelero educational program development, content creation, and technical supports.
• Develops and facilitates in-person and virtual content and facilitates professional learning communities.
• Provides professional development to coaches to support their knowledge and expertise and is able to provide acute support to specific providers in various circumstances.
• Analyzes provider engagement with all content and determines strategies for continuous improvement.
• Contributes to the development of other early childhood content as needed.
• Participates in assigned meetings, events and training as required.
• BA in Education or a related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
• 5+ years’ experience in the childcare field, including experience in community and family engagement
• 2+ years’ experience authoring related content and developing and facilitating professional development
• Fully Bilingual in Spanish and English strongly preferred
• Physical exam and background checks are required for this position
• Travel required locally or long-distance up to 20% of the time for work-related meetings and functions
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Knowledge and understanding of both early care and education and K-12
• Ability to interact effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
The mission of Shine Early Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive family and child outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by our partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy workplace.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network