COLLEGE BOUND INITIATIVES INTERN
Organization Mission: Oliver Scholars prepares high-achieving Black and Latinx students from underserved New York City communities for success at top independent schools and prestigious colleges. We provide crucial support for our Scholars so they can realize their full potential and ultimately give back to the city, the nation, and the world.
Position and Summary Reporting: Reporting to the Associate Director of College Bound Initiatives, the College Bound Initiatives Intern will work directly with the Scholar Services team to support scholars at their various schools, manage multiple administrative projects, track and input data, and help to organize and plan events, initiatives, and programs. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly organized and motivated individual to develop skills in supporting youth work and ultimately learn about education opportunities for high-achieving Black and Latinx students.
▪ Update, manage, and support dissemination of the CBI micro-site
▪ Support event planning logistics including invitation, production, attendance tracking, guest management, and follow up
▪ Support the administrative duties related to the SAT/ACT Test Prep course including attendance tracking, scholar and parent communication, and data entry
▪ Assist in running data-driven reports and exporting/importing data to several different databases
▪ Assist in managing Scholar Services Social Media platforms
▪ Occasionally conduct research on scholars, schools, topics related to supporting scholars and their families, etc.
▪ Help organize and maintain Scholar Services Google Drive files
▪ Perform data entry duties as needed and assigned
▪ Assist Associate Director in other administrative duties as requested
▪ Current or recent enrollment in a graduate or undergraduate degree program with an interest in adolescent/youth development, college access, or college success
▪ Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
▪ Strong proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Drive, and Calendar)
▪ Familiarity with all Social Media platforms
▪ Previous experience in academic advising and/or college counseling is a plus
▪ Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
▪ Take initiative: Act on one’s own initiative; making the most of opportunities; undertaking tasks, even if it entails risk
▪ Creative: Coming up with new ideas, approaches, or solutions
▪ Flexible: Manages to adapt if circumstances change
▪ Written communication: Is capable of communicating well in writing, even with people who communicate differently
▪ Monitors outcomes: Regularly checks whether work is on schedule
▪ Verbal communication: Understands others and being understood in verbal communication
▪ Teamwork: Work well with others and thrive in a team environment
▪ Integrity: Submits finished work-product that meets your own high standards
▪ Commitment to excellence: Strives to deliver your best work-product
▪ Collaborative learner: Enjoys working with others to learn on the job
Time commitment: Minimum of 15 hours per week; minimum 3-month commitment, with 6 months desirable. This is a 100% remote position.
Compensation: There is an opportunity for school credit if allowed by the college/university of the applicant. The position offers an excellent opportunity to work on substantive projects and can result in a great reference.
HOW TO APPLY:
For consideration, please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please note, “CBI Intern - [your last name]’ in the subject line of your email. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success. Oliver Scholars is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, citizenship status, or current employment status. Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network