The UN Experiential Fellowship is a free, selective, and unique virtual opportunity for US-based students to attend UN events around the world, receive lessons on development, and engage in mentorship sessions with notable academic leaders and government officials. Students will focus on development issues such as food insecurity and access to broadband (ICTs) in the United States.
The Fellowship is being facilitated by Blue Ridge Impact Consulting, which helps organizations become an agent of change by transforming passionate and compelling ideas into sustainable and impactful outcomes. The firm is led by Ameena M. Zia, Ph.D., an NGO UN Representative at the Economic and Social Affairs Committee (ECOSOC) and Professor with over 15 years of strategy consulting experience.
This Fellowship is committed to experiential learning through a holistic approach, with an emphasis on the influence of cognition, environmental factors, and emotions on the learning process. The methodology is based on David Kolb’s (1984) four-stage cycle of a holistic learning idea emphasizing that “learning is a process whereby knowledge is created through the transformation of experience.”
* Requirements and Expectations *
- Location: anywhere in the United States with virtual participation
- 5 hour/week minimum commitment, option to dedicate more hours
- Current US-based college/university students (graduate and undergraduate)
- Availability from October to December (exact dates TBD)
- Attendance of virtual UN events, lessons, and mentorship sessions
- Submission of questions for speakers in advance
- Completion of writing and media assignments
- Timely responses to requests
- Professional conduct at all times
- Seeking class credit is encouraged, but not required
- 18+ years of age
* Apply by September 20, 2020 *
- Step 1: Complete the application form: tinyurl.com/unexperience
- Step 2: Send an email to email@example.com with answers to the questions below in the body of the email, and your resume attached. Write your full name in the subject line.
- Why are you interested in development work?
- What do you plan to get out of this fellowship?
Only select applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Blue Ridge Impact Consulting does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or another legally protected status.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network